Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model 3 for sale 'cause Performance big brother is coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it was quicker than we thought - our 2nd Model 3 (performance) is ready and we're picking it up in Fremont on August 3 (that's the plan now anyway, fingers crossed)

Our current RWD has, of today, 6490 miles - it shouldn't get much more in the coming week ...

I've attached the window sticker - my plan is to swap the 18" aero wheels from the new car with this car's 19" rims.. so the old car essentially has brand new tires/rims. At one point I even got the center cap kit for the 18 (thinking to keep them and get new tires...) so those will come with the car.

I will get more pictures as requested but everyone knows what these look like :).... the car has Xpel on the front bumper, hood, mirror backs and the top surface of the rear bumper at the 'loading area'

IMG_7856.JPG IMG_7857.JPG

I had a vroom buyback estimate done but note it includes the larger rims. It has expired since it's been more than 10 days but not yet, by mileage

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.47.31 PM.png

My plan would be to get the car detailed before a new buyer takes it - it has plenty of pollen on it at the moment :(

I added the vroom estimate so folks could know where I'm coming from on the car, I realize some might think the fed tax credit bit impacts the price and it will - some - ... so you don't need to tell me that again. :)

Looking for a reasonable offer, preferably someone who is close enough (or will come to the San Fran Bay area) for pickup in a reasonably short time since the other half prefers we not have 2 Model 3's sitting about for long...

Enjoy

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Yep - though I get the point about the fed tax credit, I think folks are sometimes too 'hopeful' that it is reflected-by-subtraction in a price when buying a used car.. when looking at some other used hybrids, etc there was no such price drop for used cars (family member searching, trying to convince them to take the 3 :) )

I'll go back to vroom in a few days perhaps...

Red Multi-Coat is nice. Very nice. $52,500 - $7,500 - $1,500 (swapping out 19" wheels) = $43,500. Sell to Vroom if that offer is still valid.

I agree - Sell it asap to vROOM or Ebay Auction as you have 7 month worth of usage, mileage, higher cost of enabling EAP etc that will make it less interesting. It will only go down further as lot of early adopters of RWD consider switching to P/AWD. It loses more if in few weeks version 9 is released with some of the FSD features etc.

Check out Shift.com, I told my first S to them and it was relatively painless, plus they paid well above and beyond anyone else. There was another similar service called Peddle, which was priced very similarly. I ended up picking Shift so let me know if you have any questions about how it works.

P.S. Don't expect to get any money back for your Xpel. That's something I learned the hard way when getting quotes from different sites, dealerships, CarMax, tec.