TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red Model 3 for sale 'cause Performance big brother is coming

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Msjulie, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Well it was quicker than we thought - our 2nd Model 3 (performance) is ready and we're picking it up in Fremont on August 3 (that's the plan now anyway, fingers crossed)

Our current RWD has, of today, 6490 miles - it shouldn't get much more in the coming week ...

I've attached the window sticker - my plan is to swap the 18" aero wheels from the new car with this car's 19" rims.. so the old car essentially has brand new tires/rims. At one point I even got the center cap kit for the 18 (thinking to keep them and get new tires...) so those will come with the car.

I will get more pictures as requested but everyone knows what these look like :).... the car has Xpel on the front bumper, hood, mirror backs and the top surface of the rear bumper at the 'loading area'

IMG_7856.JPG IMG_7857.JPG

I had a vroom buyback estimate done but note it includes the larger rims. It has expired since it's been more than 10 days but not yet, by mileage

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.47.31 PM.png

My plan would be to get the car detailed before a new buyer takes it - it has plenty of pollen on it at the moment :(

I added the vroom estimate so folks could know where I'm coming from on the car, I realize some might think the fed tax credit bit impacts the price and it will - some - ... so you don't need to tell me that again. :)

Looking for a reasonable offer, preferably someone who is close enough (or will come to the San Fran Bay area) for pickup in a reasonably short time since the other half prefers we not have 2 Model 3's sitting about for long...

Enjoy

• Love x 1
  2. KCapital

KCapital Member

Where is the window sticker?

3. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

My bad, it didn't get attached ..

Attached Files:

4. FenceSitter

FenceSitter Member

Red Multi-Coat is nice. Very nice. $52,500 - $7,500 - $1,500 (swapping out 19" wheels) = $43,500. Sell to Vroom if that offer is still valid.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

I passed the 10 days.. I will if I don't get good hits directly.. they will have to sell for more than what they pay and that bothers me a little.. :)

6. FenceSitter

FenceSitter Member

Alternatively, they are on the hook for doing the work to sell the car and sell it more than $47k.

7. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Yep - though I get the point about the fed tax credit, I think folks are sometimes too 'hopeful' that it is reflected-by-subtraction in a price when buying a used car.. when looking at some other used hybrids, etc there was no such price drop for used cars (family member searching, trying to convince them to take the 3 :) )

I'll go back to vroom in a few days perhaps...

8. KCapital

KCapital Member

I agree - Sell it asap to vROOM or Ebay Auction as you have 7 month worth of usage, mileage, higher cost of enabling EAP etc that will make it less interesting. It will only go down further as lot of early adopters of RWD consider switching to P/AWD. It loses more if in few weeks version 9 is released with some of the FSD features etc.

9. KCapital

KCapital Member

Another thing that will impact your selling price soon is that it is one of the early builds with VIN in 046XX with older seats.

10. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

6 mos :) but I get that message.

I've not been in the new-version seats in the but I will say I have found the ones in this car to be some of the best I've had ever - so I guess that means it will be even better?

• Like x 1
  11. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Well ... interestingly enough, the new vroom offer is unchanged so I guess I'm probably going to go that way...

12. CjRichMar

CjRichMar Member

Before you go with Vroom, try Just give me the VIN. They just purchased my X for $6,000 over Vroom's estimate.

• Like x 1
  13. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Awaiting their call I guess

"This particular vehicle exceeds a system parameter for auto-bid. One of our agents will be in contact with you shortly with an offer."

14. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

They came back with their bid, a little more than vroom and they're cool with me swapping the rims. Thanks for the tip

• Like x 1
  15. rfmurphy81

rfmurphy81 Member

Check out Shift.com, I told my first S to them and it was relatively painless, plus they paid well above and beyond anyone else. There was another similar service called Peddle, which was priced very similarly. I ended up picking Shift so let me know if you have any questions about how it works.

P.S. Don't expect to get any money back for your Xpel. That's something I learned the hard way when getting quotes from different sites, dealerships, CarMax, tec.

16. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Re Xpel - yup, just listing it cause it's there

I thought Shift was consignment so thanks for the tip

17. rfmurphy81

rfmurphy81 Member

Shift had two options. One to sell to them (for a lesser price) and another for them to sell on your behalf (if you have the time). I did the former, not the latter, because my new S was already on its way so I didn't have the luxury of time.

• Like x 1
  18. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Is it the big-duh that these folks are in Texas, a place where Tesla can't sell new cars?

19. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

#19 Plan B, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Are they going to pick up your car?

My X is coming soon.

20. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Vroom folks will, yes, right from the house