Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model 3 repair cost estimate

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
Makes sense, thanks! So if it's the primer showing through, buffing will make it worse and I should just get a repainting done? I'm just trying to see if I can get more of it buffed out.

If that's primer, you can't make it worse, so try to buff it off.

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
Thanks, do you say that because the premium bump will be less than the cost of getting it repaired?

That looks like a pretty significant chunk of damage. If you have to get out the touch up paint for that it will never look perfect, and literally every time you plug in your car you'll be reminded of your mistake. If a guy has to get a spray gun around here(maybe not where you are), I'd bet you are looking at upwards of $1000. Even $1000 isn't enough to justify filing a claim, but then you need to add body repair, and it looks like the bumper has been involved a bit as well.

If you take it to a shop they should be able to give you a pretty good estimate fairly quickly.

Mojito

Apr 16, 2019
Orlando
Dont file a claim if you dont want it to show up in carfax. I think 800 is about right I would go to an authorized tesla body shop cant be that much and there better at matching colors of tesla.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC