TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red Model 3 with Xpel Stealth

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by colinrego, May 21, 2018.

1. colinrego

colinrego Member

I am looking for pics of anyone that has wrapped their Red Model 3 with Xpel Stealth. I am definitely looking to add PPF once I take delivery next month to protect the car during my commute (80-90mi daily), and love the look of the Xpel Stealth on the white, black, and silver cars I have seen. I am just not sure how it would look over the Red (which is what I have on the way). So, before I settle on the gloss Xpel wrap, was hoping someone could show me pics of the Red Xpel Stealth wrapped Model 3. Thanks!

2. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

colinrego,

Congrats on the Model 3! XPEL STEALTH on red looks absolutely epic. Here are some pictures of a red STEALTH wrapped BMW 335i. While it's not a Tesla, it will give you an idea of how the film looks on red paint. Hope these help, let us know if we can answer any questions for you.
    Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 10.49.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 10.49.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 10.49.19 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 10.49.25 AM.png

• Informative x 3
  3. mekberg

mekberg Member

But those hood panel gaps! Left side is much smaller than the right.

• Funny x 5
    • Love x 1
  4. colinrego

colinrego Member

Really looks good (besides the obvious quality issues that BMW suffers from — hope their stock doesn’t take a tumble after this!)

This might be the tipping point for a Stealth wrap now — especially as here in Mass I have seen more red Model 3s than any other color and would love to make mine more unique.

• Like x 1
  5. pcpro

pcpro Member

What I'm curious about is the kits from Xpel. Do they wrap around the edges or just go to the edges leaving room for gaps, etc? The shop I'm going to said they will do whichever way I want. My current car was wrapped several years ago and was not from a kit.

6. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

pcpro,

The XPEL Pre-Cut Pattern software allows the installer to select any edge they choose, and then decide how much film they want to wrap, and then print. So yes, you can do 100% wrapped edges using the XPEL pre-cut kits, even with STEALTH wraps. We always highly recommend wrapping every edge possible.

• Like x 1
  7. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

Is that a matte finish? What is the difference between the different XPEL products?

8. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Yes. Stealth is their matte finish.

• Helpful x 1