Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw the attached youtube video. The color is red sometimes and orange sometimes. Anyone able to comment on if it's more red or orange in person, and how it compares looks wise to the standard red Tesla has (better/worse in your opinion)? Also, most importantly, who knows the name of the song that starts playing at 1:11. :p

Just saw the attached youtube video. The color is red sometimes and orange sometimes. Anyone able to comment on if it's more red or orange in person, and how it compares looks wise to the standard red Tesla has (better/worse in your opinion)? Also, most importantly, who knows the name of the song that starts playing at 1:11. :p

It's red... anything else is a lighting/white balance issue

Last edited:
Just saw the attached youtube video. The color is red sometimes and orange sometimes. Anyone able to comment on if it's more red or orange in person, and how it compares looks wise to the standard red Tesla has (better/worse in your opinion)? Also, most importantly, who knows the name of the song that starts playing at 1:11. :p.
Regardless of any responses until Tesla makes Model 3 colors available in the design studio you won't know what colors are available and what they look like until then.

I've seen it in person, but only under artificial lights (at the Reveal Event). It's is absolutely NOT the multi-coat red Tesla offers now. To my eyes (I'm not talking about pictures) it had some orange in it.

I personally don't like it as much as MC Red but again, I didn't see it under natural light and, as others have noted, there's no way to know yet if it will be a color that's offered on the final car.

Reactions: Att1cus
Thanks everyone for the replies. Glad it doesn't lean towards orange as the red side of it looks fantastic. If they release this color, it'll be between this and their ocean blue.

JeffK, I hope you can find the song - I hunted with no luck. :) Definitely a great tune!

At one point, prior to settling on the current Multicoat RED, there was the Signature RED and another hue... I think it was called 'Sunburst RED' or something of that sort. If any of you ever saw that color, circa early 2013 or so, could you let us know if it looked like the RED Model ☰ from the Reveal Event or not? Thanks!

Reactions: Garlan Garner
At one point, prior to settling on the current Multicoat RED, there was the Signature RED and another hue... I think it was called 'Sunburst RED' or something of that sort. If any of you ever saw that color, circa early 2013 or so, could you let us know if it looked like the RED Model ☰ from the Reveal Event or not? Thanks!

Signature Red was an option for the first 1000 order on the Model S and X. And I am pretty sure there was never a Sunburst Red, it has always been MC Red.

If you stop the video at 47 seconds, the reflection of the guy with the red suit disappears, so it must be the same colour as his suit. :)

It looks like an iridescent red, that means it's a deep red and this particular paint has orange highlights in direct reflection (it changes colour to orange on highlights).

Sunburst red is a Ford colour and it is a very orange red non metallic.

• Informative
Reactions: Red Sage
Sunset Red was the original name. Don't know if any cars were ever produced with it. What is Sunset Red?
Thank you very much for that link. Yes, Sunset RED is the color I had read was another available hue at some point. But apparently it was slightly reformulated and renamed, it seems.
464556_10200703424581228_1990713619_o-jpg.45260

Shole iz purdy doe!

Reactions: JeffK and Az_Rael