TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Red Model S available for viewing?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by garngarn, Apr 24, 2014.

1. garngarn

garngarn New Member

I'm about to make my 'S' model purchase but want to see a red car in person, which isn't available at the Austin gallery. Anyone out there with a red 'S' model willing to meet me for a quick look I live in the south part of Austin near Slaughter Lane but am willing to come to you.
    Thanks much

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Darn! I was in the Austin area a few days ago but I'm back in McKinney now.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Cars and Coffee at the Oasis will likely have one at some point if you can't arrange to see one. You might be able to call the service center and ask them to call you the next time one is getting prepped for delivery. Tell them you just want to look at the outside of the car and not sit inside it or anything.

4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Just order it, you will not be sorry. I went thru the same when thinking about color, there were none to look at when I ordered the MC Red. About 1 month before I took delivery was able to see one at the showroom in San Jose. Never looked back, I constantly get people who say what a beautiful red color.

5. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

Just spend a few hours at the Domain this weekend. I've seen two different red P85's charging in the Tesla spots. They're customer cars that seem to spend a lot of time at the shops and restaurants. I bet you'd find one plugged in on a Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

If I were the OP, I would really want to see it in person before pulling the trigger.

I don't want to offend here or anything, but I personally don't care for the red. I had a red loaner a couple of days ago. Contrast that with the fact that I absolutely love the Signature Red color. They are definitely different, and you may well love it but those color boards they have in the showrooms don't do any of the colors justice.

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'm biased towards my Sig Red. That said...

In some lighting the Sig Red matches the 2013 Red, so depending on the climate in your area you might like the 2013 more or less. My point: When you go view it, be aware of the climate/lighting on the day of viewing.

8. garngarn

garngarn New Member

Good idea - thanks for the thought.

9. gnelson

gnelson Member

There is a multi-coat red Model S in the Houston Galleria Tesla store.

10. supersnoop

There's a red 85 (not a p or a +) plugged in at the Domain right now.

Attached Files:

11. supersnoop

I stuck my head in the store and asked; the red car is a demo and will be there through the weekend.