TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Red Model S Signature Performance Available!

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by RedSignature, Jun 8, 2012.

1. RedSignature

RedSignature Member

#1 RedSignature, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    As a dual reservation holder, I am interested in entering into a contract to sell you my Model S Signature Performance. It's already been configured in Signature Red with every option other than rear facing seats. There MAY be an opportunity to reconfigure if you contact me soon. This will almost surely be a re-sale meaning no tax credit but you will take possession of the car on delivery day which will likely be sometime in August (reservation # is in the 500's). You can easily figure my cost (including tax) on this car. I am looking for offers in the $150,000 range. Perhaps offers will be lower and I'll entertain those but as deliveries start to happen and excitement ramps up, value could go higher. I imagine this working based on a short contract and a deposit but I'm quite happy to explore any method that makes both parties comfortable and eliminates risk. If you're reading this, I'm sure you already know all about the car!:smile:

If interested, please contact me at [email protected]

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

You just locked in your reservation a week ago most likely. Why are you selling it now and looking for a 40% profit other than just to see if you can?

3. RedSignature

RedSignature Member

Again, I have two reservations. The first I made nearly three years ago. I'm a die hard Tesla fan and will be purchasing a $100,000 Tesla for myself. I don't have enough money to feel at all comfortable paying $100K for a car and hope to justify my my purchase (to myself) by making a margin on the 2nd reservation. I've noticed some negativity in previous threads on the subject of re-selling and I'm not sure I understand it. Even if I wasn't planning on owning one, I believe I'd be perfectly justified in selling one. Elon himself suggested that reservation holders who were thinking of canceling should instead buy the car and re-sell it. I believe it's also good for Tesla. If these cars are so in demand that they are selling at this premium, isn't that a story worth being told - especially by Tesla? The wait list is already a year and likely to get longer. I can go buy a Fisker today. That's both a sign of health for Tesla but also likely to be a cause of it's continued health and growth.

4. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

I don't have a problem with what you are doing; I think a lot of us are just curious about your reasoning. When people change their mind about their reservation, inquiring minds would like to know why. Especially when those minds are shareholders. Glad to hear it is just to turn a buck. Wish you luck in that endeavor.

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I wouldn't dream of selling mine, but fully support you trying to make a buck off investing early. It doesn't hurt Tesla in any way either. Good luck with the sale (wo)man.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I wish you luck it's just that I think it might have been better before you locked in your choice. Someone paying $50,000 over sticker price would probably prefer to pick the exterior and leather color.

7. RedSignature

RedSignature Member

Thanks for the good wishes people. To be clear, I wouldn't dream of selling mine either if I didn't have a second one available to me a couple of months later. As for selling it earlier, I agree but in fact I think it's more likely to find a market closer to the time it's available. If someone would like to buy it now, great. But I suspect the that there will be increased demand for this car as they start appearing on the road and the wait time increases. Red is likely to be a pretty popular (and limited) choice. I sure like it! And to that point, I better. Because I'm totally prepared to keep it and drop the other reservation if it doesn't find a new home.

8. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

I don't know if you won't have better luck on eBay than here, where most people already have a reservation...

9. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

...and for the record, I intend to keep my car and am not going to try and sell it, but if someone offered me a $50k premium as I took delivery, I don't think I would be able to turn that down either.

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

True that. I would sell mine, get back on the list and upgrade!

11. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

12. RedSignature

RedSignature Member

Car is still available and due to be delivered around September 1.

13. Zextraterrestrial

I too, sadly, would postpone for a 50% gain on the 100k

but I am sooo excited to drive electric I would probably actually cry a little

14. RedSignature

RedSignature Member

Just for accuracy sake... despite what has been said here by many, the Signature Performance out the door is actually almost $120K. So the mark up is 25%, not 50% as many have stated. Not saying that isn't a lot, just saying it's half as much as 50%. And I wouldn't want to sell it for any less.

15. Vger

Vger Active Member

Just curious, this thread has been quiet for more than a month. Did the car sell?

16. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

17. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Same email address as the OP, it's the same car...

18. Shorty

Shorty Member

Or they could order this week and would likely get delivery at the same time for $50K less!