Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 5 NEW Red/Black MYPs available that just appeared this morning, not a single RED/White.

Is Red/White the rarest (or least favored) combination?
I think lot of white interiors were ordered initially as I also noticed that more black interiors are in the inventory than whites. This could be one reason. Not sure if I would say rarest or least favored. At least for me and my wife, this was the best favored :).

I was heading into the weekend with lingering doubts about my EDD shifting, from 3/12 - 3/21. I received an email from Tesla this afternoon telling me to schedule delivery! It was a surprise as I had been looking for a text and had not been checking my email. The app opened a calendar showing appointments starting on 3/15 and I jumped at the first available time. It took another 2-3 minutes to process the payment via Plaid and now I am back to waiting... My wife was more relieved than I am since all of the accessories (floor mats, screen protector, console trays, mud flaps, etc.) have been piling up ;)

UPDATED:
OD 1:30/2023 Blue/Black/19
1st EDD: Feb-Mar
2nd EDD: Mar - May
2/27/23: Change to Red/Black/20 (accelerated delivery)
VIN Assigned: 2/27/23 (Fremont Build)
3rd EDD: Mar 15 - 22
4th EDD: Mar 12 - 21 (updated 3/5/23)
Schedule Delivery Email: 3/10/23
Delivery Day: 3/15/23 (earliest available spot)

Delivery location : Charlotte NC

Reactions: mt247 and Mr_Joe
There is a red in my accelerated delivery but it’s $6.5k more. It’s the same as my configuration but also has 7 seat and tow. Im not paying a cent more and will wait it out as we don’t need the vehicle until August. So im hoping Tesla can fulfill our order by August at least.

• Funny
Reactions: xxxadixxx
Have you taken delivery? My OD is 02/08, same config as you, @ the Buena Park location. Still waiting for a VIN.
I took delivery Sunday 03/12/23! So received VIN on 03/08, delivery was scheduled on 03/10 and chose to pick it up on 03/12. The waiting is definitely a roller coaster and hope you get yours soon!

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 6.56.42 PM.png

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
OD: 02/06/2023
Profile Completion: 2/7/23
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD1: Mar 15-Mar 31
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 April 7-May 5

2nd day into EDD 2, I was expecting a VIN not to be pushed out so far. Getting tired of all the games. Got a Accerated Delivery suggestion for a MYLR WW w/20 wheels 7 seater for $7k more than my order. It couldn’t be more different than my order. Maybe the VIN will happen this week. I’m not betting on anything. This is sad they push something so different. I guess when it is all automated or behind a keyboard this is the crap we get.

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
OD: 02/06/2023
Profile Completion: 2/7/23
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD1: Mar 15-Mar 31
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 April 7-May 5

2nd day into EDD 2, I was expecting a VIN not to be pushed out so far. Getting tired of all the games. Got a Accerated Delivery suggestion for a MYLR WW w/20 wheels 7 seater for $7k more than my order. It couldn’t be more different than my order. Maybe the VIN will happen this week. I’m not betting on anything. This is sad they push something so different. I guess when it is all automated or behind a keyboard this is the crap we get.
One without a hitch in Austin now. Hicth could be added later: