Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to see Tesla pushed the delivery estimate to Feb 7 - March 7.
so strange how Tesla comes up with these EDD estimates. I ordered the exact same configuration on 1-15 at 07;14 am and my EDD was pushed out once just after I completed all the Doc Tasks. I has not moved From Feb 13 thru March 20 since. I am located in So Calif

Ordered my Red Model Y Performance on Jan 19. Had a VIN Jan 25 with estimated delivery Feb 4-13.

Whats interesting, and this is my first Tesla, is that until I paid and send insurance I was getting regular reminders and a call telling me I need to pay in order for me to get an accurate delivery date. Only after paying, I was told can I get a phone call about exact delivery date from Tesla. I paid and have not heard back from them since. It does seem a bit of a scam to take people's money before they have a chance to actually see the product (this is not a new Iphone). Also they should pay me interest for that money until they deliver the car! But hey this is Tesla, were too cool to be conventional, especially if it benefits Tesla.

Ordered my Red Model Y Performance on Jan 19. Had a VIN Jan 25 with estimated delivery Feb 4-13.

Whats interesting, and this is my first Tesla, is that until I paid and send insurance I was getting regular reminders and a call telling me I need to pay in order for me to get an accurate delivery date. Only after paying, I was told can I get a phone call about exact delivery date from Tesla. I paid and have not heard back from them since. It does seem a bit of a scam to take people's money before they have a chance to actually see the product (this is not a new Iphone). Also they should pay me interest for that money until they deliver the car! But hey this is Tesla, were too cool to be conventional, especially if it benefits Tesla.
Your situation seems odd. There are a significant number of people who placed their order before you, but haven't got a VIN yet. I placed my order 6 days prior and got a VIN 2 days after you. Is your config over the $55k limit? I wonder if your config happened to be in stock and they were trying to ensure you got it. I've had no pressure to pay at all - I got the VIN and the option is there, no calls/text or anything. Check your car out throughly / see if anyone rejected a similar car.

so strange how Tesla comes up with these EDD estimates. I ordered the exact same configuration on 1-15 at 07;14 am and my EDD was pushed out once just after I completed all the Doc Tasks. I has not moved From Feb 13 thru March 20 since. I am located in So Calif
I couldn't imagine the planning and logistics of accepting, prioritizing, estimating, building, transporting, and prepping thousands of cars a week. That said, it's their business - so I don't feel bad for them or make excuses. I've had a generally good experience - I have a number to text with questions and they respond usually within a hour. My total SWAG for your situation, they initially had your estimate, and with an influx of orders, know it would take longer to ship some people's cars across the country then to deliver in state, so they moved you back towards the end of the window. They want to maximize the number of people who can take the credit and/or Q1 sales.

Your situation seems odd. There are a significant number of people who placed their order before you, but haven't got a VIN yet. I placed my order 6 days prior and got a VIN 2 days after you. Is your config over the $55k limit? I wonder if your config happened to be in stock and they were trying to ensure you got it. I've had no pressure to pay at all - I got the VIN and the option is there, no calls/text or anything. Check your car out throughly / see if anyone rejected a similar car.
He ordered the performance, not the long range.

Yes my performance config is over 55k
PS: How can I tell if anyone rejected this car? Now you got me forum anxiety :) :)

Lost My Model S in the ice storm up here, so now ill be on to the Model Y! I see the delivery dates are getting longer...

MYLR Red/Black/Gemini
OD 1/2811:15pm PST
Profile completion 1/28/2023
EDD: March-April
VIN Not Assigned

Lost My Model S in the ice storm up here, so now ill be on to the Model Y! I see the delivery dates are getting longer...

MYLR Red/Black/Gemini
OD 1/2811:15pm PST
Profile completion 1/28/2023
EDD: March-April
VIN Not Assigned
When I was pricing MYLR amd MYP on Jan 19, the Performance Red was listing Jan/Feb and LR Feb/March. Looks like now its March/April fir the LR as likely lots of orders came in due to Sale.