Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on the 14th, but changed interior to white yesterday afternoon (which I wanted all along, but put it over the original $55k limit -niw $80k) . Thinking about changing to MYP, BUT if I change today do I get hit with the $1K MYP price increase? I have an MYP test drive this afternoon, but it may be moot if I have to pay the increase (note: when I changed the interior color, it kept my original base price from prior to the $500 increase, but I suspect changing to MYP may not be the same).

I Ordered on the 15th, but changed interior to white just now (which I wanted all along, but put it over the original $55k limit -now $80k) . Dont care for a Performance due to the loss of range. Lets face it EV are quick enough, I have no need for speed! Thanks IRS

Entering my EDD range today. OD 1/13. EDD still 2/4-2/18, even after changing from LR to P yesterday, before the price increase.
Yes, if you change models, you pay the latest price.
So, I reconfigured my LR to a P this morning, but did NOT save the changes...the reconfiguration showed I was still getting the OLD "P" price ($56,990) as opposed to the new price ($57,990) so there appears to be some grandfathering in here. Of course that is as of right now. It could easily change at any minute! Very glad to see your delivery estimate did not change. I am test driving the MYP this afternoon in an attempt to determine if the ride quality / noise level is a deal breaker (note: the beautiful 21" rims on my old Model S sat in the garage for 6 years as I almost immediately swapped to 19s just because of the noisy PS2s!). To be continued...

So, I reconfigured my LR to a P this morning, but did NOT save the changes...the reconfiguration showed I was still getting the OLD "P" price ($56,990) as opposed to the new price ($57,990) so there appears to be some grandfathering in here. Of course that is as of right now. It could easily change at any minute! Very glad to see your delivery estimate did not change. I am test driving the MYP this afternoon in an attempt to determine if the ride quality / noise level is a deal breaker (note: the beautiful 21" rims on my old Model S sat in the garage for 6 years as I almost immediately swapped to 19s just because of the noisy PS2s!). To be continued...
Perhaps I’m mistaken then. My original LR order was 1/13. My MYP price now is $1k less than the current price. Didn’t the MYP price change between 1/13 and yesterday? Or was it just the LR that increased by $500 during that window? I admit I didn’t pay attention to MYP pricing during that time.

Last edited:
Perhaps I’m mistaken then. My original LR order was 1/13. My MYP price now is $1k less than the current price. Didn’t the MYP price change between 1/13 and yesterday? Or was it just the LR that increased by $500 during that window? I admit I didn’t pay attention to MYP pricing during that time.
It was just yesterday. I happened to grab the info all back on 01/13 and yesterday's was the first price hike for it.

Reactions: Ray_R

Attachments

• 06079088-550C-4C3E-AF43-6DCAD05249F9.jpeg
    06079088-550C-4C3E-AF43-6DCAD05249F9.jpeg
    875.9 KB · Views: 137
  • EBC1EEA2-30E0-4DF8-9295-8ACBF4442400.jpeg
    EBC1EEA2-30E0-4DF8-9295-8ACBF4442400.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 87
Are Red builds coming mostly from Austin or Fremont or both? If from Austin any confirmation if matrix headlights were installed.
the person that started this thread has a spreadsheet with info on where the reds are coming from. More come from Austin so far, but not by much. It’s also just the people the OP was able to find across a few sites, so it’s not definitive. But it gives you some idea.