Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Model Y with Black or White Interior? Opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Red/LR/Non-Performance MY with 19” Gemini wheels and Black Interior on order. What’s everyone’s opinions on the white interior with the Red exterior or any color exterior? I think the white looks sharp but I also think black and red look pretty sharp too and seems like it would be easier to maintain or at least hide any issues more easily. I know the white is supposed to be very easy to clean and no staining but I just wanted to see what you all thought and maybe change my order to the white interior. I know it’s very subjective but would like to hear from you about what color and why.

I have a Red/LR/Non-Performance MY with 19” Gemini wheels and Black Interior on order. What’s everyone’s opinions on the white interior with the Red exterior or any color exterior? I think the white looks sharp but I also think black and red look pretty sharp too and seems like it would be easier to maintain or at least hide any issues more easily. I know the white is supposed to be very easy to clean and no staining but I just wanted to see what you all thought and maybe change my order to the white interior. I know it’s very subjective but would like to hear from you about what color and why.

I think the white looks very nice...but I have the red with black because I keep my cars for 10+ years and despite ppl saying white is easy to maintain, I would rather not worrry about maintaining it. That’s my opinion which should be taken lightly. I don’t even wear white clothes cos I feel like it’s a one time wear.

Reactions: Electric Steve
I think the white looks very nice...but I have the red with black because I keep my cars for 10+ years and despite ppl saying white is easy to maintain, I would rather not worrry about maintaining it. That’s my opinion which should be taken lightly. I don’t even wear white clothes cos I feel like it’s a one time wear.
I have a white interior but if I were to keep a car 10 years I probably wouldn’t chance it.

I got the red with white interior and 19". Love the combo! I got a husky and the hair is :eek:! The white seats make my car actually cleaner than if I had black seats. Funny thing is the trunk actually looks way dirtier than my white seats cause every strand of hair shows up against the black.

So far I find the white seats hold up well. Everything seems to be coming off with a baby wipe. We're talking jeans, navy tactical pants, and a husky that can't sit still. I just give a quick wipe like once a week. YMMV. If you live in the heat, black seats suck. I can turn on the heat for the white seats. I can't turn on the AC for the black seats.

Good luck with your decision!

P.S. I also hate the brown wood with the black interior. It really doesn't go with the rest of the car. o_O

Reactions: NCC81701
I'm picking up my Red MY with black interior tomorrow. I'm planning on putting in a wood grain wrap on the center console to tie in the wood dash. I would have gone with the white seats but I didn't like the white dash strip.

What I would really want is a nice tan seat color. May look into new the T-Sportline seat upgrades in the future if they make a Model Y version..... Tesla Model 3 Interior Seat Upgrade Kit

tesla-model-3-perforated-insignia-front-brown-wm_ca97ca27-8bd0-4812-bd35-938c6d3160eb_4000x.progressive.jpg

tesla-model-3-perforated-insignia-front-tan-wm_fb1ffd63-fc84-44b6-9f57-55108c67a729_4000x.progressive.jpg

I got msm with white and the white actually makes us ( 4 teenagers) keep out seats clean. I personally find that the white makes the interior more open. We use baby wipes for quick clean ups in the car and use Adams detailing spray once a month to keep the interior looking new.

I have red/white, and a dog. The white seats get dirty (black seats would also, sandy mud marks them just a much as it marks white seats) and get easily cleaned with a wet-wipe. No regrets so far, but only 3,000 miles. Time will tell, but meanwhile I love the white/black interior. Have added white console cover and white armrest cover (aesthetics and dog defense).

Reactions: PJFW8
I have red/white, and a dog. The white seats get dirty (black seats would also, sandy mud marks them just a much as it marks white seats) and get easily cleaned with a wet-wipe. No regrets so far, but only 3,000 miles. Time will tell, but meanwhile I love the white/black interior. Have added white console cover and white armrest cover (aesthetics and dog defense).
Where did you buy your white console cover and armrest cover?

I got the red with white interior and 19". Love the combo! I got a husky and the hair is :eek:! The white seats make my car actually cleaner than if I had black seats. Funny thing is the trunk actually looks way dirtier than my white seats cause every strand of hair shows up against the black.

So far I find the white seats hold up well. Everything seems to be coming off with a baby wipe. We're talking jeans, navy tactical pants, and a husky that can't sit still. I just give a quick wipe like once a week. YMMV. If you live in the heat, black seats suck. I can turn on the heat for the white seats. I can't turn on the AC for the black seats.

Good luck with your decision!

P.S. I also hate the brown wood with the black interior. It really doesn't go with the rest of the car. o_O
FWIW, I've got red and black, and I wasn't sure about that wood panel. I even priced out replacing it with black (or, even cheaper, wrapping it). But I gave it some time and it's kind of grown on me.

YMMV, literally, but I'm pretty happy with the black interior. I know that white is more iconic for Teslas, but I wear jeans almost exclusively, and I've read that this doesn't play well with the white.

White interior looks amazing, however, drive both options. The softer material makes the seat feel to 'squishy', less supportive, but what convinced me NOT to get it was the white bar of trim on the dash, which was the equivalent of an LED light bar shining JUST below your line of sight. Almost gave me a stroke lol

Reactions: Electric Steve
White interior looks amazing, however, drive both options. The softer material makes the seat feel to 'squishy', less supportive, but what convinced me NOT to get it was the white bar of trim on the dash, which was the equivalent of an LED light bar shining JUST below your line of sight. Almost gave me a stroke lol
Yeah, I've seen complaints of glare from the white bar.

I couldn't say either way. When I test-drove a white-interior Model Y, it was a cloudy day in March. Also, I wore glasses with polarized, auto-darkening lenses.

On my own car, I've added a 70% tint to the windshield and 35% on the sides, which doesn't hurt.