Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi-Coat and Red Calipers

Does the Red multi-coat clash with the red calipers? From the pictures it seems they are different shades of red and don't really match while there's a nice contrast with every other exterior color. I ordered a white/white MYP but thinking about changing to red since I saw this color up close and liked it. We also have a white Tesla and the White Model Y seems to be the most popular color.

Here you go. This is Red Bull with red calipers. I think it looks great. As a matter of fact, I had a red M3 that had red calipers as well.
Red Bull.jpg

The black on red look is really great. I especially like red when they have dark tinted windows. As for the calipers, they look like a deeper shade of red and don't really match... but... still looks good. I don't think the calipers need to be a 100% color match to look good. That said, if you've got non-black wheels, black calipers might look nice on the red Y. If you've got the black stock wheels, you could go for white calipers though they'll be a pain to maintain.

Reactions: donivan
Went ahead and changed the order to red, kept the white inside. This was easily done online and it didn't seem to change the EDD since I had just ordered earlier in the week. What sealed the deal other than the great looking color is all the white Model Y's I see since I started paying attention to them...seems like over 50% are white! Anyone know where I can see the Model Y's sold based on color?

Reactions: 101dals

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC