Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi Coat Model Y LR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point: Got my VIN today, delivery between Nov 4 and 8 although clearly the 4th didn’t happen. Order date was 10/17, first and only previous EDD was March 14-April 11 2021. This is for a red Model Y LR with with white interior, no other options or upgrades.
And our car was delivered to our driveway today. True no touch, I didn’t realize it was here until I looked out the window as the delivery guy was finishing his walk around. No idea why this went so quickly.

Took delivery Saturday. She's perfect! I do feel like the color of the red is a bit different than our 2014S. The chrome vs. blacked out trim makes a difference are well, but they are both beautiful uniquely. Enjoy, it's worth the wait, #teamred all the way!!

Attachments

• IMG_4275.JPG
    IMG_4275.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4272.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Wait.. you ordered less than 6 weeks ago and have a delivery date? Is that the quickest MYLR order in the last 6 months?

I'm not sure, maybe? According to the VIN the car was built in the last week of October, its a 2021 car not a 2022 like Tesla has been building since November. So for some reason this car has been either sitting or getting shuffled around. That's why I'm going over it very carefully tomorrow just to make sure there isn't anything wrong with it, because the date of the VIN worries me a bit.

That might be why my EDD got moved up so fast, if someone else either rejected or couldn't afford this red MY then this car got bumped to someone else, and tomorrow that's me. :cool:

I'm not sure, maybe? According to the VIN the car was built in the last week of October, its a 2021 car not a 2022 like Tesla has been building since November. So for some reason this car has been either sitting or getting shuffled around. That's why I'm going over it very carefully tomorrow just to make sure there isn't anything wrong with it, because the date of the VIN worries me a bit.

That might be why my EDD got moved up so fast, if someone else either rejected or couldn't afford this red MY then this car got bumped to someone else, and tomorrow that's me. :cool:

Yeah it sounds like a reject or car that was repaired. Still, that means they fixed it :)

Good luck with the delivery. It should be fine (my demo was - I thought it would have fast food stains and cat hair... but it was immaculate minus the infamous panel gaps).

Yeah it sounds like a reject or car that was repaired. Still, that means they fixed it :)

Good luck with the delivery. It should be fine (my demo was - I thought it would have fast food stains and cat hair... but it was immaculate minus the infamous panel gaps).

Honestly I'm not terribly concerned about cosmetics, they can be fixed with patience. I'm more worried about the possible super manifold noise some MY's have been having since June 2021. If it has that and the service center refuses to fix it then I'd reject the car as I don't want my first Tesla to have a constant annoying buzzing sound inside of it.

I wouldn’t be too concerned. I ordered my red MYLR (white interior, 19inch wheels, 5 seat, no trailer hitch, no FSD) Oct 17 and it was delivered 3 weeks later, Nov 7. Absolutely no idea why it came so fast, but there was/is nothing wrong with it. And it was home delivered with 25 miles on the odometer, so no one else drove it any real distance first.

my new model 3 is taking twice as long for delivery, so maybe that’s to balance things out? 😃

My order date was 10/13/21. The EDD has been bouncing around a lot. On Friday it was 12/20-12/25. Yesterday it was 12/8-12/13 and today it is 12/9-12/13. I have no idea when it'll actually be in and I wouldn't mind if it gets bumped to 1/1.

I am a convert. I had a MYP order whith an EDD around end of December 2021. I wasn’t really interested in a MYP other than getting the car months earlier. However, during a test drive of three days, my wife had kids instantly Commented on the rough ride. I had no real issue but I assumed I’d just get 19 inch wheels or 20 and perhaps a coil over kit and perhaps raise the car to MYL height. As my EDD kept getting pushed back, I developed more patience and decided to just wait for the car I really wanted which was a red MYLR, white and black interior, 19 inch wheels and tow hitch. My new order date is 12/10/2021 & the price was the same as the MYP. some say I could have sold the MYP at a profit but there was no guarantee I was getting the MYP anytime soon and I’d rather focus on my day job. I’m sure we all will be waiting here for a while 🤣. Perhaps many of us will end up with double pane front & rear windows and an amd chip based touch screen. 😀🙏

Reactions: voxel
some say I could have sold the MYP at a profit but there was no guarantee I was getting the MYP anytime soon and I’d rather focus on my day job.

Good choice in switching to the MYLR. Probably should have created a second order for the MYLR and transferred the first MYP order to somebody else so the new buyer could take ownership quicker at a lower price.

I'm trying to transfer my reservation at the moment myself (Model Y Performance (red/white) reservation for sale - no EDD) even if the tax credit passes. The ride of the MYP is too rough for my tastes.

Few make any money selling MYPs after taxes/registration except those in EV tax free states. MYP has lower wait times, fewer price increases, lower demand than MYLR, smaller used markup.

I am a convert. I had a MYP order whith an EDD around end of December 2021. I wasn’t really interested in a MYP other than getting the car months earlier. However, during a test drive of three days, my wife had kids instantly Commented on the rough ride. I had no real issue but I assumed I’d just get 19 inch wheels or 20 and perhaps a coil over kit and perhaps raise the car to MYL height. As my EDD kept getting pushed back, I developed more patience and decided to just wait for the car I really wanted which was a red MYLR, white and black interior, 19 inch wheels and tow hitch. My new order date is 12/10/2021 & the price was the same as the MYP. some say I could have sold the MYP at a profit but there was no guarantee I was getting the MYP anytime soon and I’d rather focus on my day job. I’m sure we all will be waiting here for a while 🤣. Perhaps many of us will end up with double pane front & rear windows and an amd chip based touch screen. 😀🙏
Waiting for that beautiful red here too.

Like you said though, (IMHO one of the nice things about Teslas CD/CI) typically the longer you wait, the better the chances that we’ll get all the most recent little improvements and features.