Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi Coat Model Y LR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That happened to me, I wouldn't expect it to hold. That was four months ago. Since you're likely new here, view EDDs as like figments of a demented clown's imagination.
I understand it, but the local center called stating that they are ready to assign a VIN once I accept the finance terms. Delivery would be within 30 days. My initial EDD was July 2022.
Now, I am truly confused. Are they trying to get rid of someone's previously ordered car, make quarterly numbers or they are really serious? In either case, I delaying delivery until next year even though the $7,500 is in limbo.
Thanks.

I got a call from the local delivery center stating the car is ready to be delivered today. I told me him that I am on vacation through the first week of January. Now, the status page shows " I'm Ready". Only 4 days from OD. WOW !
How can one explain it?

Reactions: MOM4
I got a call from the local delivery center stating the car is ready to be delivered today. I told me him that I am on vacation through the first week of January. Now, the status page shows " I'm Ready". Only 4 days from OD. WOW !
How can one explain it?
You are in CA - Tesla tries to fulfill orders on the west coast at quarter end. Somebody else probably also put their order on hold and you got it. Lucky!

Sadly now you might be waiting for months... 6+ now.

You are in CA - Tesla tries to fulfill orders on the west coast at quarter end. Somebody else probably also put their order on hold and you got it. Lucky!

Sadly now you might be waiting for months... 6+ now.
Yeah I wonder what the wait time is now after one says I can’t take the car. Do you go back in the line or you keep on getting vin u til you take the car. Keep us updated.

Reactions: voxel
Congratulations! What was your EDD?
Thanks! Very unexpected. Started out April, then moved to Feb - Mar, then moved Jan - Feb. Then right around the first of December, it just disappeared completely and was not present in the App, TBD on the web account page until yesterday. Then boom, as we were headed home from an event, got the text for VIN assignment. I'm totally perplexed by the whole thing tbh. But I'm not gonna complain about it, that's for sure.

Just meant I had to place orders for some things I was dragging my feet on! ha! Office full of accessories and things ready for the car basically at this point.

Reactions: MOM4
Thanks! Very unexpected. Started out April, then moved to Feb - Mar, then moved Jan - Feb. Then right around the first of December, it just disappeared completely and was not present in the App, TBD on the web account page until yesterday. Then boom, as we were headed home from an event, got the text for VIN assignment. I'm totally perplexed by the whole thing tbh. But I'm not gonna complain about it, that's for sure.

Just meant I had to place orders for some things I was dragging my feet on! ha! Office full of accessories and things ready for the car basically at this point.
That's so exciting! Congratulations. I just got the charger. I still have to buy accessories. What did you get if you don't mind me asking?

That's so exciting! Congratulations. I just got the charger. I still have to buy accessories. What did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you! I'm just hoping it all goes through without a hitch, excited to see what they offer me for actual delivery date appointment.

I dont mind the ask at all, I've been super excited for this for a loooong time before ordering the car, brace yourself, longer delays means more accessories lol:

Ordered the Key fob (work situation means my phone has to stay in the car or in a locker, so just easier to have a fob), got the wall connector installed. Ordered LDCRS mats for the people, tesmanian for the cargo areas and frunk. Picked up a screen protector, bigger flash drive for Sentry/Dashcam, Homelink, and a 14-50 adapter jusssst in case I ever need it. I also decided to spoil myself with the WAYY overpriced Red wall connector face plate, because why not. Red has been my favorite color my whole life.

I think that's about it. Haha Crazy to see it all typed out. Good thing the spousal unit is onboard with this process 111%, she just keeps saying: now all you need is the car.... (shh until the next accessory order comes in)

Thank you! I'm just hoping it all goes through without a hitch, excited to see what they offer me for actual delivery date appointment.

I dont mind the ask at all, I've been super excited for this for a loooong time before ordering the car, brace yourself, longer delays means more accessories lol:

Ordered the Key fob (work situation means my phone has to stay in the car or in a locker, so just easier to have a fob), got the wall connector installed. Ordered LDCRS mats for the people, tesmanian for the cargo areas and frunk. Picked up a screen protector, bigger flash drive for Sentry/Dashcam, Homelink, and a 14-50 adapter jusssst in case I ever need it. I also decided to spoil myself with the WAYY overpriced Red wall connector face plate, because why not. Red has been my favorite color my whole life.

I think that's about it. Haha Crazy to see it all typed out. Good thing the spousal unit is onboard with this process 111%, she just keeps saying: now all you need is the car.... (shh until the next accessory order comes in)
Lol good for you! Looks like you're ready to go. I will get the mats as well, the screen protector and the flash drive. I'm also looking at consol organizer and some treatment to protect the seats. I have four kids so we'll need that.
This is my first new car, we alway had cars we bought at auctions and fixed them up, so to say I'm excited is an understatement. My husband is also very supportive told me to get whatever I want.
Post some pictures when you get the car. So exciting!

Reactions: butYtho

Oh wow congratulations! I am so excited for you. My edd was stuck last week of Dec for a good month and then end of November moved to Jan- Feb. I just hope it doesn’t move anymore and I get my car soon.
I Only got the Wall connector installed. Last week I bought the car center console organizers. Need to order the weather mats. Debating between 3 d maxpider or Tesmanian ones.
Did you get mudflaps?

Oh wow congratulations! I am so excited for you. My edd was stuck last week of Dec for a good month and then end of November moved to Jan- Feb. I just hope it doesn’t move anymore and I get my car soon.
I Only got the Wall connector installed. Last week I bought the car center console organizers. Need to order the weather mats. Debating between 3 d maxpider or Tesmanian ones.
Did you get mudflaps?

Did you get mudflaps?
Not yet, but our roads are so crappy here, if it doesnt come with them, it'll definitely be the next purchase. Just to protect the paint on the back doors at least.

If you're considering 3d Maxpider, check out the LDCRS ones on Amazon, supposedly they're basically the same as the 3d's but with no logo, and much more affordable. I checked out some youtube videos as well that seemed to corroborate them being just like the 3d's.

Reactions: pgcoco
Learned today Evie's (it's cliche I know I know, dont judge me lol) actual "born on" date was yesterday.

So this is interesting. Because we went with Tesla Lending we can't take delivery in NM via carrier direct. The fact that the carrier direct fee was still on my order was a mistake and they cleared it up right away. Basically, time for a nice road trip up to CO to take delivery in person. Can't say I'm super upset about it, I love CO so much, will be a nice excuse to visit. Gotta love the regulations, rules and laws. So that's something good for others to keep in mind if they elect to use Tesla Lending. I'm sure it's well documented on the forums already, but I didn't ever recall reading it.

Even more goofy, because I'm not a Tx resident, I can't take delivery from the Tesla Gallery that's 40 minutes from us....lolz...yay

Car will be delivered to COS 12/26, and we're officially scheduled for pickup 12/28 at 10am! So. Friggin. STOKED!

Not yet, but our roads are so crappy here, if it doesnt come with them, it'll definitely be the next purchase. Just to protect the paint on the back doors at least.

If you're considering 3d Maxpider, check out the LDCRS ones on Amazon, supposedly they're basically the same as the 3d's but with no logo, and much more affordable. I checked out some youtube videos as well that seemed to corroborate them being just like the 3d's.
Yeah the price difference is there for sure. planning to order them by Christmas, hopefully I can get some discount. :)
Also, thinking of getting Tesla's mudflats just for the front tires.