Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi Coat Model Y LR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, why did you both pickup in Colma and Fremont vs home delivery?

I did home delivery for my model Y in November and my new Model 3 in December and thought it was great. I was actually on a ski trip when the Model 3 arrived but it was waiting in the driveway when I came back from SFO a couple of days later.

I know I don’t have amd chip or back double plain glass. How do i vigure out battery. Do I remove something in frunk?
Most likely you don't have the new battery.
Open the frunk. There should be a couple of clips holding the cover near the wipers.

Attachments

• frunk.jpeg
    frunk.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 108
  • battery.jpeg
    battery.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 87
Out of curiosity, why did you both pickup in Colma and Fremont vs home delivery?

I did home delivery for my model Y in November and my new Model 3 in December and thought it was great. I was actually on a ski trip when the Model 3 arrived but it was waiting in the driveway when I came back from SFO a couple of days later.
I wanted home delivery, but at 37 miles from Fremont I was outside the 35 mile delivery range, or that is story they told me.

Earlier than I wanted because my hold was until April 1st but Tesla sent a cancellation e-mail.

Tuesday: Tesla threatening to cancel August order if not unheld by Jan 27th
Wednesday: Unheld order
Thursday: June jail
Friday: New EDD Feb 2 - Mar 2
Saturday: VIN
Delivery: Feb 2nd

View attachment 759247
You will likely have AMD chip and lithium 12v/15v battery. What else were you hoping for by holding any further…an Austin produced Y? If folks are convinced Austin Ys are going to be so far superior, I would wait till cars are being delivered from Austin factory and that they have all the desired features before ordering one. Of course by the time its delivered, there may be new better features.

You will likely have AMD chip and lithium 12v/15v battery. What else were you hoping for by holding any further…an Austin produced Y? If folks are convinced Austin Ys are going to be so far superior, I would wait till cars are being delivered from Austin factory and that they have all the desired features before ordering one. Of course by the time its delivered, there may be new better features.
It was the combination that I was going to buy an Ioniq 5 in the next two weeks and also hold off as long as possible since I didn’t need the Y immediately. Latest whatever would be fine after April… hoping for 4680 for weight savings.

Reactions: kc1953
It was the combination that I was going to buy an Ioniq 5 in the next two weeks and also hold off as long as possible since I didn’t need the Y immediately. Latest whatever would be fine after April… hoping for 4680 for weight savings.
The dual motor larger batter ioniq 5 looks pretty nice. A good value. Interior and some tech features seem an upgrade to Y. Range not as good, and then there is the issue of charging infrastructure.

Reactions: voxel
Praise God! I literally prayed for an early delivery and I got one! I got a call this morning from the sales associate saying they had a Red model Y available. The caveat was it had 2 features I didn't want. I asked what they were and she said a tow hitch and 20s. So an extra 3K. I thought about it for a while, asked about the chip, build date (4 days ago), mileage (3 miles), double paned windows, etc. I knew I had to take it! They said it'd be ready today. My financing and trade in were still good. I literally placed my order 15 days ago and was frustrated with the waiting process. Stockton said they had a priority list which is really just a list of people that if they get a similar config they'd call and give us the first right of refusal. I drove 90 miles back with no issues, added my accessories and started charging. It's truly a dream come true!

Praise God! I literally prayed for an early delivery and I got one! I got a call this morning from the sales associate saying they had a Red model Y available. The caveat was it had 2 features I didn't want. I asked what they were and she said a tow hitch and 20s. So an extra 3K. I thought about it for a while, asked about the chip, build date (4 days ago), mileage (3 miles), double paned windows, etc. I knew I had to take it! They said it'd be ready today. My financing and trade in were still good. I literally placed my order 15 days ago and was frustrated with the waiting process. Stockton said they had a priority list which is really just a list of people that if they get a similar config they'd call and give us the first right of refusal. I drove 90 miles back with no issues, added my accessories and started charging. It's truly a dream come true!
Congratulations! 15 days is not a long time to get frustrated with the waiting time - some folks have been waiting for over 6 months. Enjoy!

Have they changed headlights of Model Ys. I read IIHS safety report and they said, performance model headlights are superior but LR headlights are okay. not superior. The report is a year old so I am hoping that Tesla acted and installed similar headlights which they have in performance models.