Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi Coat Model Y LR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if I order with FSD and drop delivery day?🤭
Just remember that you are taking a huge risk.
Personally, I am against this practice because it screws other buyers over who have been patiently waiting for their turn. In today's society, some folks believe they are better than others and don't give a flying f..k about anyone else.

Reactions: Individoo and kabin
My friend and me ordered model Y from Surrey BC mine was on Feb 24 2022 and he did his on March 9 with estimated delivery for us being September.

My config
Model Y Long range Red multi coat
5 seat, No FSD, 20 inch wheel, Black interior no hitch my delivery date switched from August to September has stayed on September since.

My friend ordered
7 seat, No FSD, 19 inch wheel, White interior, no hitch his delivery date started from September. Today he got email from Tesla your vehicle is ready for delivery submit your payment for delivery am suprised how can that be so quick. May be a similar config order cancellation. His EDD is now set to March 31 and VIN just got assigned today. Guys what do you think 7 seat config getting preference over 5 waiting orders or could be canceled order. Seems like a record to order on Mar 9 2022 and get Delivery March 31 2022

I ordered Dec 21. Completed profile the same day. Red with 20" tires and black interior. No tow, No FSD. First EDD was July. Moved to May 14. Moved again to June 10- July 8 where is had stayed for about a month. This morning I checked and I was bumped all the way back 3 months to Sept- Nov. I'm literally heartbroken. I need this car ASAP.

My friend and me ordered model Y from Surrey BC mine was on Feb 24 2022 and he did his on March 9 with estimated delivery for us being September.

My config
5 seat, No FSD, 20 inch wheel, Black interior no hitch my delivery date switched from August to September has stayed on September since.

My friend ordered
7 seat, No FSD, 19 inch wheel, White interior, no hitch his delivery date started from September. Today he got email from Tesla your vehicle is ready for delivery submit your payment for delivery am suprised how can that be so quick. May be a similar config order cancellation. His EDD is now set to March 31 and VIN just got assigned today. Guys what do you think 7 seat config getting preference over 5 waiting orders or could be canceled order. Seems like a record to order on Mar 9 2022 and get Delivery March 31 2022
I have ordered a seven seater, FSD in October. Still no car.

My config

My friend ordered
I would say it is a record for 7-seat MYLR.

Reactions: voxel
London Calling: I had not realised that customers in the USA were subjected to the sort of delays we have here whilst waiting for cars from China. The very first MY in UK was not handed over until Febuary.

FSD with seven on board! That should be fun.😁
Got my car a week ago.

Attachments

• 20220419_083220.jpg
    20220419_083220.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220419_083322.jpg
    20220419_083322.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 90
Got my car a week ago.
Congratulations! She looks gorgeous.

Have you needed to have the car specially detailed?

How was the condition at handover? I hear that in the USA you have Tesla Dealerships who maybe prepare the car properly for handover.

I read on TMC that here in the UK, our cars often come with paint imperfections such as swirls due to rushed and inexpert pre-handover preparation.

With GIGA Shanghai working again, we might get ours at the end of June...can't wait!

Happy driving and be safe.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jonte73