Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Red Multi-Coat Protected with XPEL ULTIMATE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

XPEL

Global Vendor
XPEL San Antonio had the honor to wrap this new Tesla Model X over the past few days; they applied XPEL ULTIMATE self-healing paint protection film to the high impact areas of the vehicle.

XPEL ULTIMATE has a 10-year warranty that covers, yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating.

XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film:
We installed ULTIMATE on the full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, rear bumper and wing. All of our pre-cut kits allow for wrapped edges, where possible. The kit is available below:

TeslaModelXPATTERN.jpg

Now for the best part!

A completed and finished picture outside, in front of XPEL San Antonio

FinishedRed_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-27%20copy.jpg

We started by installing XPEL ULTIMATE on the entire hood
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-1.jpg

Here the installer is squeegee the excess gel underneath the film
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-2.jpg

Once the film is applied, it’s nearly invisible
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-4.jpg

Always ask for wrapped edges, we are waiting for the edges to get a bit tacky before wrapping them around the hood in this picture for a seamless installation
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-8.jpg

The installer is installing ULTIMATE on the full front fender
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-9.jpg

When the film is applied it’s nearly invisible
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-10.jpg

The installer is wrapping the entire front bumper with XPEL ULTIMATE
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-19.jpg

XPEL ULTIMATE is nearly invisible once installed, for example on this bumper
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-20.jpg

The installer is rolling out the paint protection film for the rear bumper
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-14.jpg

You can see the installer on the right has half of the film installed near him, with the left waiting to be squeegee’d
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-15.jpg

Entire rear bumper now has XPEL ULTIMATE protection
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-18.jpg

XPEL pre-cut kits are very precise and offer ultimate protection, with no need to custom cut on your vehicle with a razor blade

The front and rear sensors are pre-cut to fit the vehicle
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-25.jpg

Here’s a close up shot of our pre-cut paint protection film kits, they line right up with body line of the front bumper
Red_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-23.jpg

With zero orange-peel texture, and great clarity, XPEL UTIMATE is nearly invisible and protects your paint from rock chips, swirl marks and more
FinishedRed_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-28.jpg

FinishedRed_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-16.jpg

FinishedRed_Tesla_ModelX_XPEL_SanAntonio_ClearBra-26.jpg

To find an Installer nearest you, click here: XPEL LOCATOR

Super nice job and this seems to be exactly what I would consider having done. You have hit all the high impact places.
Thank you! It came out absolutely beautiful...they are coming back for a little more coverage later (to include wrapping the back of the seats that are painted)

That is a beautiful vehicle, and good looking work. Thanks for posting.

thank you for the kind words!

My car should be ready by Monday. I had paint correction done first then they added the Xpel Ultimate including the seat backs. Then they put two coats of CQuartz Delux Nano coating on the entire car to add extra gloss. During the week I plan on coating everything with several coats of HydrO2 .

My car should be ready by Monday. I had paint correction done first then they added the Xpel Ultimate including the seat backs. Then they put two coats of CQuartz Delux Nano coating on the entire car to add extra gloss. During the week I plan on coating everything with several coats of HydrO2 .

It's going to look like you're driving around town with your force-field on high.

I would definitely add protection for the Falcon wing doors, lots of vulnerable spots there in the event the sensors don't detect something...
I believe they are coming back for more film, but just wanted to have the high impact areas fitted with film for everyday driving.

Great job! Question: Do you do any paint correction before applying this film? Coatings such as CQuartz and Opticoat Pro have paint Correction prior to application,correct?

No paint correction necessary...when the film is installed is actually masks the swirl marks, another sponsor on this board posted a video of the masking effects of clear bra, Detailed Designs Auto Spa: The Defect Masking Effects of Clear Bra - YouTube

You can apply coatings ON TOP of XPEL ULTIMATE. If you have a coating applied, then film installed on top, there is a chance that it could cause adhesion problems down the road. Meaning that there is a possibility the film wouldn't stick as well due to the coating.

I would definitely add protection for the Falcon wing doors, lots of vulnerable spots there in the event the sensors don't detect something...

I'm having my Sig Red X XPEL'd including full front, bumper, all doors, and the spoiler (I've banged the open garage door a couple times opening the rear door until someone showed me how to set it to only open to a set height) later this month. I'm also getting AlloyGator rim protectors on the wheels after scraping one wheel on a curb. Won't protect it from severe damage but all of this should prevent the minor scratch and nicks that I've seen on my previous car. After seeing these photos I'm really looking forward to getting this completed.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they are coming back for more film, but just wanted to have the high impact areas fitted with film for everyday driving.

No paint correction necessary...when the film is installed is actually masks the swirl marks, another sponsor on this board posted a video of the masking effects of clear bra, Detailed Designs Auto Spa: The Defect Masking Effects of Clear Bra - YouTube

You can apply coatings ON TOP of XPEL ULTIMATE. If you have a coating applied, then film installed on top, there is a chance that it could cause adhesion problems down the road. Meaning that there is a possibility the film wouldn't stick as well due to the coating.

How many days did all this take?

Pricing is going to vary depending on:
  • The Vehicle
  • Your location
  • Demand for clear bra

For a partial front end. This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $795 - $1,000.

For a full front it can range between from $1,795 - $2,100. This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights.

For the full car it can range between from $5,000 - $8,000. This includes every painted surface on the car possible.

Pricing is going to vary depending on:
  • The Vehicle
  • Your location
  • Demand for clear bra

For a partial front end. This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $795 - $1,000.

For a full front it can range between from $1,795 - $2,100. This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights.

For the full car it can range between from $5,000 - $8,000. This includes every painted surface on the car possible.

Don't forget to add paint correction and nano, if you want those also.