Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My justification was that I was going to get the car I wanted in the color I wanted. Plus people spend $2k for wheels while I would rather go with the 19"s for now and just buy aftermarket later. So instead of putting $2k into wheels, I put it into paint.
Same here. Also with the white interior. My wife said get the configuration you want, because otherwise you'll always lust after what could have been when you see one drive by. She's a smart lass, that one.

Same here. Also with the white interior. My wife said get the configuration you want, because otherwise you'll always lust after what could have been when you see one drive by. She's a smart lass, that one.
I thought about getting the white interior (Vegas heat) but ultimately, I'm just not a fine of the white. Not that it looks bad, it's just not for me.

Hey! Been looking for this thread (not very hard though)….go #TeamRed
After seeing (and driving) a Y in red, switched my order to what is clearly the best color. Thanks for the pictures as well, esp with the aftermarket black wheels and de-covered Gemini's. Let's see how far back this change pushes my EDD....
I was originally dead set on white but out here in AZ, there are 8 MILLION white MYs. I rented a MY (that happened to be red) for a week, and it was game over for me.

Hey! Been looking for this thread (not very hard though)….go #TeamRed

I was originally dead set on white but out here in AZ, there are 8 MILLION white MYs. I rented a MY (that happened to be red) for a week, and it was game over for me.
Same here in Santa Clarita. Dead set on white but secretly wanted a little flair. Ordered white originally. But after a few days of noticing that EVERY Tesla here is white or grey. Changed to Red with zero regrets and very excited about it.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Hard agree re: white - it's not bad looking but so common. The data on the order tracking sheet clearly shows white is the default color for most drivers, and how few enlightened people ordered the best color ;-)

Paint colorCount%
Pearl White Multi-Coat27444.3%
Deep Blue Metallic12720.5%
Midnight Silver Metallic12119.5%
Solid Black538.6%
Red Multi-Coat447.1%

Hard agree re: white - it's not bad looking but so common. The data on the order tracking sheet clearly shows white is the default color for most drivers, and how few enlightened people ordered the best color ;-)

Paint colorCount%
Solid Black538.6%
Red Multi-Coat447.1%
Wow. Was not expecting to see the blue so high on this list.

Paint colorCount%
Solid Black538.6%
Red Multi-Coat447.1%
Only 7%, wow.

My statistics and data science skills aren't the best but the sample set is probably big enough to be fairly accurate when applied to all Y's sold, within the reporting window where people registered their orders on this site.

Preaching to an echo chamber of red lovers here. but IMO the Tesla site doesn't show how "rich" looking the red actually is in person.

Reactions: loggedout
My statistics and data science skills aren't the best but the sample set is probably big enough to be fairly accurate when applied to all Y's sold, within the reporting window where people registered their orders on this site.

Preaching to an echo chamber of red lovers here. but IMO the Tesla site doesn't show how "rich" looking the red actually is in person.
I've only ever seen customer models. Never any demo Model Ys at the SC so that might contribute.

Ironically with the EV incentives in play, will decline and not take delivery til after Dec 31, in hopes of getting some that sweet sweet EV money. Fingers crossed it survives further overhaul and passes, if not I'll have lost a few months but am not in critical need of a car anyhow.