Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, i took delivery 8/31. Originally ordered 4/10 but i modified the order several times after. Took hold off of order on 7/15. VIN 252

Cherry Hill, even with their crappy parking lot setup, was great on delivery day. About 5 mins after I walked in, they pulled my car into the delivery bay area. I signed 1 paper, was given as much time as I wanted to look the car over, and hit Accept on my phone after.

The car looked great. I checked every aspect and was very happy overall. There was tape on the spoiler and they let me know that the original spoiler was misaligned on arrival so they replaced it. Was very happy to see that they took that upon themselves, they care about getting the cars ready for delivery and it showed.

They had some quick detailer and a rag on the counter, so I got some smudges and stuff off myself. There was one scuff on the trunk and a small chip where the hood and frunt bumper meet…..i was nitpicking. But i asked them if they could fix those, and they obliged without issue. The one on the trunk looks great, but they made the chip look worse. So i submitted a service ticket and it sounds like theyre going to replace my entire front fascia for free at my local service center. Great customer service

Now, she is home. I have spent the last two days smiling and getting acquainted. I think I’m in love.

PS dont mind my garage, its on the list! Need to get this wall connector installed..
Congrats! So beautiful!!

Reactions: CrownDad
That's what I like about the red so much. MSM and Blue look great when shiny clean and in full sun but are dark and muted otherwise. White can look good but is common. Not considering black coming from a black car now. Red doesn't have such problems. I saw a red on white with geminis at my local Kroger the other day at night and in pouring rain. She still turned heads.

I thought I was getting a unique one, but seeing that there, which is my exact build, just tells me I need to find a new Kroger hah ha!

Ordered MYLR Red/black on 8/10 after waiting 8 months for an X that will never come. EDD is December. That was not going to work. Started checking inventory for a Red Y. Last Friday night a MYP inventory in Red/white popped up. Grabbed it. Paying the tax. 5K as we were getting upgraded wheels anyway. + $500 shipping. +$250 new order fee. Criminal. What can I say, desperate people do desperate things. Pick up scheduled for Saturday or possibly tomorro. Cost more but it is a beauty

Reactions: DDubbsEV
3EABB3A5-7758-4AA5-9EA5-303131AB3C11.jpeg
266B504D-06E7-47FA-B8D8-4366B0FE2E6A.jpeg
E1740E79-8AD2-42FE-B858-4A653709B47C.jpeg
7F6F16F7-071B-4659-999C-579FC053D0E5.jpeg

Delivery for my MYP Today. Inventory vehicle I grabbed last week. Easy delivery. Few small problems but nothing major. Misaligned rear passenger door. One side was good and the other is pictured here. Scheduled service appointment to fix it. Next was a dirty/smudged passenger side interior B pillar. Delivery person got some cleaner and cleaned it during delivery. Next was a slightly misaligned plastic molding under rear bumper on one side only. Not even sure if I will list it for the service appointment. Last was that they did not have my Monroney sticker. They printed me out an 8x11 copy but what the hell? Car is beautiful and Expensive! $66,944. No FSD. Holy hell! Checked new wall charger when we got home. Working like a charm. 240 volts and 48 amps

I also just want to say that if anybody is doubting their decision to go red, dont. It is THE color, especially for the Performance. Looks amazing in all different lighting
Or do what I did and basically make your MYLR into an MYP 🤣 I was actually fine with white. Girlfriend pushed for red. Zero regrets. By far the most rare color out there (even in Seattle where 1 in 10 cars is a Tesla). I really wanted the extra range when I ordered and love modifying my cars, but would probably just go with MYP were I ordering now. I am within $3K (after Ubers and AB) and still don't have the same performance around accel, braking, and handling.

IMG_9997 sm.png

Or do what I did and basically make your MYLR into an MYP 🤣 I was actually fine with white. Girlfriend pushed for red. Zero regrets. By far the most rare color out there (even in Seattle where 1 in 10 cars is a Tesla). I really wanted the extra range when I ordered and love modifying my cars, but would probably just go with MYP were I ordering now. I am within $3K (after Ubers and AB) and still don't have the same performance around accel, braking, and handling.

View attachment 718888
Looks great! Is this just a really clean stock, or is there some ceramic coating or glossy PPF at play here?

Awesome! Welcome to the best color and #TeamRed. When did you originally order?
Thanks! 10/10/2021 I finalized the first order. Swapped paint colors tonight with an online rep. Hadn't seen many of the red before I ordered MSM, however after seeing it in person a few times, under different conditions (night, day, sunlight, cloudy) decided its the one for me. First red vehicle actually and I've owned a LOT of cars over the past 3+ decades.

Thanks! 10/10/2021 I finalized the first order. Swapped paint colors tonight with an online rep. Hadn't seen many of the red before I ordered MSM, however after seeing it in person a few times, under different conditions (night, day, sunlight, cloudy) decided its the one for me. First red vehicle actually and I've owned a LOT of cars over the past 3+ decades.
I totally agree, Red is real beauty. When I originally ordered I did MSM due to price, couldn't justify paying an extra 2000 for Red but then I wasn't getting new car vibe and finally gave in for Red and am much happier. Cant wait for my Red beauty.

I know, I didn't want to spend any extra money on color but I don't like white, so I went for MSM but then that was not my color either, so changed to Red :p
My justification was that I was going to get the car I wanted in the color I wanted. Plus people spend $2k for wheels while I would rather go with the 19"s for now and just buy aftermarket later. So instead of putting $2k into wheels, I put it into paint.