Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red or Blue with gemini wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to replace my original model s with a y due to the towing capability. I have all my options and wants I would like but can't decide which looks better with the silver gemini wheels. While I do love the induction, the dumb towing restriction isn't something I want to get into because I am looking to tow a small travel trailer with the Y.

The red for sure looks much better with the black induction and if it wasn't for the towing need, I would have gotten that in a heartbeat. But I am concerned the silver gemini wheels look odd on the red compared with all the other black trim. Blue always looks good in silver, I just don't know if the red would look odd.

Bonus question, black/white interior with the red/blue and gemini wheels? a hell yea or hell no?

I like the look of a darker color with lighter wheels, so my vote would be get blue if you leave the Gemini wheels silver.

If you decide to powder coat them black or dark gray, then I would get the red Model Y.

I'm personally not a fan of white or any light colored interior myself.

Upvote 0
I got the black interior because (i) they didn't do tan and (ii) I figure white will get dirty

I don't care for black wheels. To me, black wheels was always something to avoid because it looked like they needed the brake dust cleaning off them

Horses for courses of course, but I really wish they did tan

Reactions: Wattsisname
Upvote 0
A little late in the day to join this discussion. Even so here I go: I have a red Y on order with white interior and Gemini wheels. I am not a fan of black wheels but I agree that for Turbine type wheels, silver would not be right regardless of body colour.

Checkout the red model 3 with the silver sport wheels - lovely
or the best looking car since day one, the MS. In red with it's silver wheels - gorgeous! Having said that, if I could have my Y in Elon's Multi Multi Coat deep crimson, I'd be happy with any wheels.

The S blue, in my, just short of humble, opinion, looks much nicer than the Y blue. I am a reasonably empathetic guy and totally get the people who confirm that I am. But grey M3s and MYs! Please! Oh sorry, it's not a miserable afternoon in Skegness grey, It's a sparkling midnight silver!

Upvote 0
A little late in the day to join this discussion. Even so here I go: I have a red Y on order with white interior and Gemini wheels. I am not a fan of black wheels but I agree that for Turbine type wheels, silver would not be right regardless of body colour.

Checkout the red model 3 with the silver sport wheels - lovely
or the best looking car since day one, the MS. In red with it's silver wheels - gorgeous! Having said that, if I could have my Y in Elon's Multi Multi Coat deep crimson, I'd be happy with any wheels.

The S blue, in my, just short of humble, opinion, looks much nicer than the Y blue. I am a reasonably empathetic guy and totally get the people who confirm that I am. But grey M3s and MYs! Please! Oh sorry, it's not a miserable afternoon in Skegness grey, It's a sparkling midnight silver!
IMG_1229.jpg

Reactions: Wattsisname
Upvote 0