Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red or Obsidian Black, 85 or 90 kWh?

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Definitely red. Lets have some COLOUR on the roads!!! So many cars in variations of white or black (greys). Black also shows every speck of dust. Strangely, white does not. As to 85 or 90, Depends on what your likely use is. if you only take the very occasional road trip, save your dough and go for the 85.

Blue heaven

Fair Dinkum Tesla
Nov 25, 2014
South West Australia
Definitely red. Lets have some COLOUR on the roads!!! So many cars in variations of white or black (greys). Black also shows every speck of dust. Strangely, white does not. As to 85 or 90, Depends on what your likely use is. if you only take the very occasional road trip, save your dough and go for the 85.

I agree with Dborn here, unless your desperate for the extra 6% range go for the 85kwh pack, the $6000 plus savings could be be better spent on solar/more solar/future home battery storage.
colour choice is a personal thing, and personally I love all the Tesla colours!!!

Telepilot

Nov 18, 2015
NSW
I'd reason that black would have the aircon working harder and therefore less range in warm weather. The solar suggestion is 100% the way to go. The red is especially nice IMO.

ColinA

Nov 14, 2015
Gold Coast, Australia
The results are in! RED!!!!! And in a last minute rush of blood - 90D!

Now just the interminable wait. The countdown has begun - 97-96-95...

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Congrats on the order! My personal preference is white, and that's what I ordered, BUT if I ordered a colour (and I nearly did), it would definitely be the red. Great choice :)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC