Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red seat cover finally installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be mindful of the seat airbag. I installed it in such a way that it won't interfere with it.

how did you do that...?

their website states:
Q: The front seats on a Tesla have airbags embedded in the sides, Will the airbags be covered?
A: We do consider this situation, so we've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, reserve the front seat airbag deployment. But we didn't test it before, so our company assumes no responsibility for anything with airbags accident.

to me that reads like "we've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, Except for the front seat airbag deployment."

how did you do that...?

their website states:
Q: The front seats on a Tesla have airbags embedded in the sides, Will the airbags be covered?
A: We do consider this situation, so we've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, reserve the front seat airbag deployment. But we didn't test it before, so our company assumes no responsibility for anything with airbags accident.

to me that reads like "we've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, Except for the front seat airbag deployment."
I took that as a misspelling of "preserve".

Not my cup of tea, but glad to know this is out there.

how did you do that...?

their website states:

Like what their website says, it's designed for the Tesla airbags. I looked up how the seat airbags are deployed, and they seem to be deployed at the gap between the seat upholstery and the seat backing. The seat covers are just like the seat upholstery. They're tuck in the seat backing, so I imagine when the airbags are deployed, the gap could be opened with no issue. There are tie backs at the bottom, but for extra safety, I didn't tie them. That's what I meant.