Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Sig nose cone painted. Opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,
I want to change my nose cone and paint it body color.
I had the awesome artist that does work for my company photoshop it and also the sills on my car.
What do you think? He did the rear diffuser and front lip too but I actually already have carbon ordered for both of those.
I like the sills painted and the black left on the nose cone where the insignia is is myself.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 840
Last edited:
I'm a little OCD about "original" sometimes, especially with the Signature vehicle.

If I was going to paint it, I would pony up the extra money to buy a new cone to be painted and leave the original cone in the garage.

That's assuming we can still get a Signature nose cone (rather than a GP style nose cone).

1) That looks incredible. Paint the nosecone, and give your photoshop guy a raise!

2) What's a sill?

3) What's the difference between a signature nosecone and a non-sig (GP?) nosecone?

So much to learn...so little time...

3) What's the difference between a signature nosecone and a non-sig (GP?) nosecone?
From a "looks" perspective, the Signature nose cone has an "underbite" lip to it. The production is more of a trapezoid shape. I'm referring to the profile of the cone (i.e. from the left or right side of the car).

From a function perspective, the Signature cone has 3 (or 4, I forget) physical black parts whereas the production cone is one essentially piece.

There are probably other differences I'm forgetting and/or describing poorly. It was a long (fun!) weekend and I'm getting weary.

From a "looks" perspective, the Signature nose cone has an "underbite" lip to it. The production is more of a trapezoid shape. I'm referring to the profile of the cone (i.e. from the left or right side of the car).

From a function perspective, the Signature cone has 3 (or 4, I forget) physical black parts whereas the production cone is one essentially piece.

There are probably other differences I'm forgetting and/or describing poorly. It was a long (fun!) weekend and I'm getting weary.
Guys if you look closely it is the so called GP nose cone. Our Canadian Sigs were later production and they had switched over already. I think a few U.S. cars have them too.

- - - Updated - - -

1) That looks incredible. Paint the nosecone, and give your photoshop guy a raise!

2) What's a sill?

So much to learn...so little time...
The sill is the area under the doors. It is normally black and has a chrome strip as well.

How about painting the nosecone in a hue/nuance somewhere in the middle between black and the signature red?

And if it was me, I would also consider painting the horizontal chrome line that underscores the Tesla T (with that v-shape) in the same hue/nuance.

Don’t have the Photoshop skills to do a quick illustration…

Guys if you look closely it is the so called GP nose cone. Our Canadian Sigs were later production and they had switched over already. I think a few U.S. cars have them too.
Good point.

Sorry for detouring the discussion with how I would approach the question personally, which colors it to the original nose cone. Mea culpa.

Sorry, to be clear, you painted the nosecone and the sills ? I also have Sig Red, in Calgary, and wanna either Carbon Fibre wrap or paint the nosecone (but maybe leave the upper section black). You like ?
thanks