Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red T when charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly can't remember, It was so early LOL. Can you tell me about both scenarios?
If it turned red AFTER you tried removing it, my guess it is that you didn't hold the button down long enough, i.e. you just only momentarily pressed the button, while removing the handle. If this is what you did, the lock pin will reengage while you are in the process of removing the handle. Since the handle at this point is kind of removed, but not removed far enough, the lock pin does lock again, but thinks it doesn't have a good lock so it shows the red 'T'. To avoid this, keep the button pressed while you remove the handle so the pin does not attempt to reengage through the whole removal process.

if it was red even before you touched it, then it would be harder to diagnose since it could have turned red anytime during the whole time it was plugged in, presumably overnight.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
And just so that if you've experienced where you just cannot remove the charging plug from the car while the Tesla logo is red lit, remember that there's an emergency charge port release in the trunk near the charge port through the small liner holes. Pull on the emergency release so that you could unlatch the charging plug from the charge port.