Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Vs Blue for Modal X, what would you pick

What would you pick for Modal X? Red or Blue?

• Red

Votes: 47 43.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • White Seats

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Tan Seats

Votes: 23 21.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I am about to order my new Modal X, and I'm really torn apart between red and blue color. I am 27 female living in LA. Red looks really sexy and blue looks cool and classy. They both look very flashy in the showroom, but what about under the sunlight with a bit of dust? I mean I will wash my car but with LA's pollution issue, I am expecting some dust on my car and maybe a few bug splashes/bird poops (they never stop). So I want to know what people think of this. I mean the showroom lighting and everything will make all color look great, so It's not helping me to visualize what it will actually look like on the road. I had black and white cars before, and now I really want some color on my car. I'm tired of neutral colors...

Also, this is my first nice car, so I do want it to stand out a bit... >.<

My goal: an unique color color that'll still look good with a bit of dirt and dust.

Also, what's the resale value like? Will red effect it a lot?

Red is a good color and holds up well with getting dirty - of course it looks best when sparkling clean. I wouldn't worry about resale value, it just might take longer or shorter to sell. There might be fewer buyers for red on the market but it shouldn't affect the price.

More important question: are you going with the ultra white interior?

Red is a good color and holds up well with getting dirty - of course it looks best when sparkling clean. I wouldn't worry about resale value, it just might take longer or shorter to sell. There might be fewer buyers for red on the market but it shouldn't affect the price.

More important question: are you going with the ultra white interior?
I'm thinking the cream. My last car was black interior so I want something light, but probably not white. I went to the car show and the white leather turned blue because a lot of people with blue jeans sat in there. Is it typical for people with red tesla getting white interior?

I'm thinking the cream. My last car was black interior so I want something light, but probably not white. I went to the car show and the white leather turned blue because a lot of people with blue jeans sat in there. Is it typical for people with red tesla getting white interior?
Thou... I do hear a lot of good things about the white seats. They do loook very nice. Just worry about what itll look like over time

If you really want it to stand out then wrap it with Xpel Stealth! :cool:
I think there are too many shiny MXs on the streets. ;)
Lol good idea, but i like it shiny so probably no wrap for me. I'm not thinking of doing any modification to the car other than what's offered on the tesla website. I am perfectly happy their their color choices. Too happy actually, and now I just simply cannot decide...

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Hi guys,

I am about to order my new Modal X, and I'm really torn apart between red and blue color. I am 27 female living in LA. Red looks really sexy and blue looks cool and classy. They both look very flashy in the showroom, but what about under the sunlight with a bit of dust? I mean I will wash my car but with LA's pollution issue, I am expecting some dust on my car and maybe a few bug splashes/bird poops (they never stop). So I want to know what people think of this. I mean the showroom lighting and everything will make all color look great, so It's not helping me to visualize what it will actually look like on the road. I had black and white cars before, and now I really want some color on my car. I'm tired of neutral colors...

My goal: an unique color color that'll still look good with a bit of dirt and dust.

I just ordered red with cream interior last month. You can't go wrong with either one.

Hi guys,

I got blue last year...thought that it would be more unique on the road plus figured red was easier for cops to pick out on the road... However seems like blue was the pick of last year and see more of them in my area (NJ) but it may be different in CA. Blue does show dirt/streaks more than I anticipated...so red may be better in that regard. Either color is very nice when clean....

I always buy Blue even though I always go thru the thought process to change it up. My wife always buys RED. My prior car (Lexus SC430) is Blue with cream color and the cream color did not hold up well. I used to play a lot of golf so you get sweat etc. This time I chose Blue with Black interior. But I was very close to cream (which I like better) because of how the Vegan Material holds up. BUT, I really love my MS and have no regrets on my color choices. My wife currently has a Mercedes GLC (Red with Cream) and after mid 2019 she will go all electric (assuming Tesla but depending on EV/ FSD Competition) and it will probably be Red with Cream.