Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red vs Blue

If you could only chose red or blue for your Model 3, which would you choose?

• Red

Votes: 51 41.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 73 58.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, not the excellent Halo inspired machinima, but rather car color.

I'm having the hardest time trying to decide between red or blue. I've seen both in person (on an X and S) and both look great. If Sig. Red were an option this wouldn't even be a question, sadly it's not.

While I'm not sure if the statistics of red car v. police are still showing they "love" red cars, that's still a thought. I like the look of both but was leaning toward blue. However, after seeing Teslanomics present the data from their Cost Estimator, it looks like blue is going to be one of the more popular choices of color. Part of what draws me to blue and red is that they're "different" from the average car (read: white, black, grey, sliver, dark silver/grey, etc)

What about here, what are you all thinking for your color?

I added a poll to this post. I'm interested in seeing what people would pick if they could only pick between red vs. blue. I get there are many more options to choose from and I get that this may not be what you're going to do on your own Model 3.

I find the blue extremely disappointing (it's far too dark). If it were more like Audi's Ara Blue Crystal I'd be all over it.

Audi-S4-IAA-2015-12.jpg

The red on the Model 3 looks nice but I can't see myself ever owning a red car.

I find the blue extremely disappointing (it's far too dark). If it were more like Audi's Ara Blue Crystal I'd be all over it.

Audi-S4-IAA-2015-12.jpg

The red on the Model 3 looks nice but I can't see myself ever owning a red car.
It really depends on the lighting how dark the blue looks. Yes, the Ara Blue shown is much lighter, but it is also under tons of lighting. The Tesla blue is pretty close to the Audi Scuba Blue. As an Audi owner in that color, I much rather prefer the darker shade. The lighter blue doesn't seem to fit a sedan and looks better on more sporty looking coupes and sports cars. The darker blue seems more fitting and classy for sedan like the 3. Of course, just my opinion.

It really depends on the lighting how dark the blue looks. Yes, the Ara Blue shown is much lighter, but it is also under tons of lighting. The Tesla blue is pretty close to the Audi Scuba Blue. As an Audi owner in that color, I much rather prefer the darker shade. The lighter blue doesn't seem to fit a sedan and looks better on more sporty looking coupes and sports cars. The darker blue seems more fitting and classy for sedan like the 3. Of course, just my opinion.

Yup, very close to Scuba Blue. Way too dark for me, just not interested at all.

The Tesla blue only looks acceptable to me under very, very intense light. On an overcast day or in the evening it might as well be black. Ara Blue Crystal is still MUCH brighter in real-world conditions.

Honestly I find Tesla's entire color range to be very disappointing and I'm only getting Midnight Silver because I dislike it less than I dislike the other colors.

I've only had black, white and silver cars in the past but I've always wanted a good shade of blue, so spending $61k on a car I don't even like the color of is going to annoy the hell out of me but I'll get over it. Certainly not going to waste 10% of the cost of the car getting it wrapped…

I have a blue silk metallic Jetta TDI, but I truly yearn for a Subaru blue, what they call 'WR Blue Pearl'.

I, too, am torn between red and blue. So it is a choice that I will probably not make until I place order.

Yup, very close to Scuba Blue. Way too dark for me, just not interested at all.

The Tesla blue only looks acceptable to me under very, very intense light. On an overcast day or in the evening it might as well be black.

I don't feel that way about the current Tesla blue. It definitely still looks blue on an overcast day. The original Tesla blue, definitely. That was way too dark for me and only really looked blue on totally sunny days.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
This has been my back-and-forth set of choices for a while now. I've had red cars before - sometimes because it's what was available, sometimes because I wanted a color that would stand out and be more visible to other drivers.

If I had to configure about 4 weeks ago, I would have picked red, but if I get the invite today, I'm picking blue.

Also, I'm drawn to these choices rather than strongly averse to others. Neither would be a difficult pill to swallow at this point.

These are both on my short list, but I want a white interior. Not sure if the red will look like a candy cane if I go that route. Red definitely looks good with a black interior. White, silver, grey, and black look great with white interior. Blue probably does too, but I'll have to wait for pics to start popping up before I can say yea or nay.

For me the choice was between Multi-coat Red, Deep Blue, and Midnight Silver. Over the weekend I drove up to the Oakville, ON Sales/Service Center so I could see them in person and make a decision. Drumroll please..... I decided on the Red. I just thought it looked really sharp on the Model S and I expect it will be the same with the Model 3. I still really like the other 2 colors but the red really stood out to me. Contributing factors to my choice: 1) my wife currently has a dark gray car so I didn't want "matching" cars and 2) my wife really liked the blue so I told her she can get her Model Y in blue. We also liked the Obsidian Black but it's not available for the 3 and likely won't be for the Y either.

I hate to ask this question and show my lack of understanding. But, why does Tesla highlight "Multi-coat" Red and White. I assume the other paints have more than a single coat, but perhaps not? What is so different about the white and red? Any "benefit" from being multi-coat?

I hate to ask this question and show my lack of understanding. But, why does Tesla highlight "Multi-coat" Red and White. I assume the other paints have more than a single coat, but perhaps not? What is so different about the white and red? Any "benefit" from being multi-coat?

I have the same question as well. Are all the other paints NOT multiple coats? If so, that alone makes me want the red and white. I am assuming multiple coats will be more durable.

Reactions: ishareit