TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Red warning in upper (front) right corner on instrument panel while driving

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by haykinson, Sep 2, 2017.

1. haykinson

haykinson New Member

When driving, I frequently have the instrument screen displaying a red arc around the front right corner of the miniature car. I think this means there's some object detected there, such as a nearby curb, but it seems to be incredibly sensitive. For example, sometimes I'll be in the right lane waiting at a light with a bike lane between me and the street corner, but the red arc will appear.

Is this normal, or is one of my sensors defective in some way?

2. Rossy

Rossy Supporting Member

I have a defective parking sensor on the right front. Getting lots of STOP chimes. It's intermittent. Service came out, diagnosed and is sending a replacement. I'm thinking they may have some vendor issues with the parking sensors, or a manufacturing process issue.

3. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Based on what you say and the way I interpret it, no this is not normal. I'd have the SD look at it. But first, wipe off the sensor, make sure it is clean, nothing on it, and not obviously mis-aligned. I've actually seen a couple cases where people had a skin placed on the front bumpers and the installer did not cut out a circle around the ultrasonic sensor. In theory, these films should not affect it, but I wouldn't bet on it.