Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red/White MY Delivered 07/22...new checklist item found???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!!

Sorry for the click-bait title, haha!! The one "major" flaw we had would be found by following any of the various checklists (more details below).

Took delivery of a LR, AWD, Red/White, No Tow, No FSD on 07/22/2020 at the Buena Park, CA SC. #235xx. Built 06/2020. (As an aside: I ordered on 05/22 and was given a VIN for 06/30 delivery, but I tested positive for COVID-19 and had to release the VIN due to mandatory isolation. Once I was cleared on 07/06, I reached out to my Order Advisor and had a VIN about a week or so later)

cEtDFGT.jpg

The car was in great shape!!
  • Doors, charge port, rear lights, rear hatch all in alignment.
  • All rubber seals were intact and not folded under.
  • Rear seats were perfectly aligned
  • Zero interior panel alignment issues
  • White interior was spotless
  • The Red paint dazzles in the sunlight!! Wow.
Just a few minor issues that the crew in BP fixed in detailing:
  • A couple of MINOR scuffs on the headliner
  • Some left over plastic wrap adhesive on the paint
  • Frunk was raised a bit on the right side
And one "major" issue...major is in quotes because, while annoying, it can be easily fixed:
  • Can you see what's "wrong with this picture"?

fIxDoh0.jpg

• Look a little closer!!
xPfION1.jpg

Hey?? Isn't there supposed to be a paddle to adjust the seatback?? Haha!!

I already made an appointment with my local service center to have the seat fixed and Homelink installed. This is my wife's MY, her first EV, and she's absolutely thrilled. She was smiling like crazy driving home last night. I didn't notice any excess road noise, wind noise, rattles, squeaks, etc.

Now if I could just get a VIN for my MY I'll be all set, haha!!

And I want to mention that the delivery crew at Buena Park were outstanding!! Polite, professional, prompt. I like that they have the car unlocked and turned-on for pre-delivery inspection, with plenty of time given to go over every inch of the car. You don't have to ask, its just SOP there.

After they sent it back to detailing, I asked if they wanted final payment. They said, "Just wait until it comes back from detailing to make sure that it meets your standards. No rush." Nice!!

After the 7-day return window closes, it's off to Corsa Motorsport for full tint (including windshield but not the roof), paint correction and ceramic coat. Can't wait to see that red paint after all that!!

To those that are still waiting...I feel your pain!! Good luck and I hope you get a VIN soon.

You and your wife deserve all this good news. That MY is STUNNING. After the $3K discount, I toyed with changing my design to red/white as a tribute to the very first new car I ever bought - a 1975 Pontiac Trans Am. It was Buccaneer Red with the White interior. But before I could make up my mind I got a VIN for the Blue/Black I ordered. I loved that car all 180HP.

I'm scheduled to take delivery of VIN 26xxxx built on July 12th this Saturday and am hoping for a similar experience.

Thanks for sharing your story and you folks deserve all the best.

I like the idea of blocking UV, but I don’t want to lose any light transmission through my windshield. The Rayno says it’s 70% light transmission so there is some loss of light coming through, yes?

I’ve got windshield 70% on my current 2017 Bolt, and had it on a 2014 smart EV. To me, there is no noticeable difference in light transmission, but a HUGE difference in heat transmission. Worth every penny IMHO.

Reactions: raggedy
Hello everyone!!

Sorry for the click-bait title, haha!! The one "major" flaw we had would be found by following any of the various checklists (more details below).

Took delivery of a LR, AWD, Red/White, No Tow, No FSD on 07/22/2020 at the Buena Park, CA SC. #235xx. Built 06/2020. (As an aside: I ordered on 05/22 and was given a VIN for 06/30 delivery, but I tested positive for COVID-19 and had to release the VIN due to mandatory isolation. Once I was cleared on 07/06, I reached out to my Order Advisor and had a VIN about a week or so later)

cEtDFGT.jpg

The car was in great shape!!
  • Doors, charge port, rear lights, rear hatch all in alignment.
  • All rubber seals were intact and not folded under.
  • Rear seats were perfectly aligned
  • Zero interior panel alignment issues
  • White interior was spotless
  • The Red paint dazzles in the sunlight!! Wow.
Just a few minor issues that the crew in BP fixed in detailing:
  • A couple of MINOR scuffs on the headliner
  • Some left over plastic wrap adhesive on the paint
  • Frunk was raised a bit on the right side
And one "major" issue...major is in quotes because, while annoying, it can be easily fixed:
  • Can you see what's "wrong with this picture"?

fIxDoh0.jpg

• Look a little closer!!
xPfION1.jpg

Hey?? Isn't there supposed to be a paddle to adjust the seatback?? Haha!!

I already made an appointment with my local service center to have the seat fixed and Homelink installed. This is my wife's MY, her first EV, and she's absolutely thrilled. She was smiling like crazy driving home last night. I didn't notice any excess road noise, wind noise, rattles, squeaks, etc.

Now if I could just get a VIN for my MY I'll be all set, haha!!

And I want to mention that the delivery crew at Buena Park were outstanding!! Polite, professional, prompt. I like that they have the car unlocked and turned-on for pre-delivery inspection, with plenty of time given to go over every inch of the car. You don't have to ask, its just SOP there.

After they sent it back to detailing, I asked if they wanted final payment. They said, "Just wait until it comes back from detailing to make sure that it meets your standards. No rush." Nice!!

After the 7-day return window closes, it's off to Corsa Motorsport for full tint (including windshield but not the roof), paint correction and ceramic coat. Can't wait to see that red paint after all that!!

To those that are still waiting...I feel your pain!! Good luck and I hope you get a VIN soon.

Glad to hear you are feeling well now. Congratulations on the near flawless MY and friendly delivery. The red with white looks amazing! I love mine still so much. It’s been a blast to drive especially on the canyons to Malibu.