Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Y - Full Xpel Wrap - 1 piece wrap on the hatch!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just go our Y back from being wrapped. Came out awesome!! Full Xpel wrap, and I opted to have the hatch wrapped with one piece of film so there is no seam. Its extra work but was worth it to me to not have any seam.

If you want a wrap done by a team of great guys check out Detailers Domain in north NJ.

IMG_0800.jpeg
IMG_7119.jpeg
IMG_7167.jpeg
IMG_7161.jpeg

its not easy to do, requires a custom piece for the rear, a very large piece, and lot of skill. all the others i have seen are either done with two pieces of film and a seam along the edge where the spoiler goes or have stretch marks in the film.

make sure you talk to your installer about it, and if they tell you it can't be done, you can tell them otherwise ;-)

Reactions: qdeathstar
Has anyone found examples of this done with the seam? My installer is encouraging me to go that way to meet my budget, but the solution is to cover it with a spoiler, which I don't want. Curious how it looks though.
I have a seam on mine, but I have a performance and did not trust the tape holding well with the xpel as I am on my 3rd spoiler due to pulling away from factory paint.

So you have the seam and no spoiler? Or you have the spoiler but didn't remove it for install. If the former, could you share a pic?
They did not remove spoiler when installing as I knew there were issues with them sticking in general and did not Tesla to not repair it due to being removed and reinstalled.

Attachments

• 09DCFF50-6F7D-4D73-B4FE-3083A251FB32.jpeg
    09DCFF50-6F7D-4D73-B4FE-3083A251FB32.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Kelmn07