Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

<redacted> So Dissapointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it is time for the federal government to at least step up and build huge solar arrays that could supply power to a nationwide supercharging networks. It looks like many power plants are subsidized anyway. It is tough enough to design and build electric cars that are successful. Maybe the government could help build the charging network too.

Reactions: gene
I never pay attention to that "Coming soon" stuff. Several places I have been looking for them to put an SC were quoted Target opening 2016, then again changed to 2017, then yet again 2018, and now changed to 2019. Just ignore those target openings until you actually see they have a permit and starting it.

Kinda like the elusive & mythological $35K Model 3. It’s coming, soon...(this time, really!).

Ive had my tesla for 3 years now and I live in the San Gabriel Valley, and they have yet to even get a permit for a supercharger. The area has thousands of tesla and the fonpany doesnt give a *sugar*. So dissapointed just keep adding chargers for liberal idiots in San Jose and SF but ignore all others.
In the old days when my car used gas, I was mad all the time because they refused to put a gas pump in my garage. Now I’m 79 doing fine, love my S, more than I loved my 57 Chevy.

I do not understand the allure of sitting at a SC for 30 to 60 min. to save a few dollars if you have the ability to charge at home, even if I had FUSC for life I would only still use it on road trips, in fact I've only spent a little over $200 on several road trips in 9 months of ownership.

Reactions: Kant.Ing
Ive had my tesla for 3 years now and I live in the San Gabriel Valley, and they have yet to even get a permit for a supercharger. The area has thousands of tesla and the fonpany doesnt give a *sugar*. So dissapointed just keep adding chargers for liberal idiots in San Jose and SF but ignore all others.
Tesla, as an unusual technology, requires more research before jumping onboard. If there was no supercharger near enough to you when you bought it, why complain 3 years later? They never promised to build one next door to every buyer.

Tesla, as an unusual technology, requires more research before jumping onboard. If there was no supercharger near enough to you when you bought it, why complain 3 years later? They never promised to build one next door to every buyer.
My 100D takes me East, South, and North with good Supercharger locatons.Little Rock (AR) has two Supercharger locations -incredible for a metro area this size. However, there are no Supercharger locations on I-40 in the state. It is impossible to go from Little Rock to Oklahoma City (straight shot on I-40 west) about 337 miles. The Tesla, "map," has shown two locations coming (I-40 west) forever! I'm surprised more owners are not screaming about his situation since I-40 is a major artery to both coasts. Any suggestion on how to reach Tesla re: this matter will be appreciated.

My 100D takes me East, South, and North with good Supercharger locatons.Little Rock (AR) has two Supercharger locations -incredible for a metro area this size. However, there are no Supercharger locations on I-40 in the state. It is impossible to go from Little Rock to Oklahoma City (straight shot on I-40 west) about 337 miles. The Tesla, "map," has shown two locations coming (I-40 west) forever! I'm surprised more owners are not screaming about his situation since I-40 is a major artery to both coasts. Any suggestion on how to reach Tesla re: this matter will be appreciated.

Just want to let you know that San Jose is large sprawling city just like L.A. and up until this month it only had one Supercharger in the North so for us living in South San Jose there was nothing. This month we finally got one in South San Jose so now we have a wapping two for this entire large city. There are still none in Santa Cruz and all along the west cost going to San Francisco. The L.A. area is littered with Superchargers so I get the frustration but we don't have it any better. Yes they need to build a lot more in areas with large quantities of Tesla's.

I do not understand the allure of sitting at a SC for 30 to 60 min. to save a few dollars if you have the ability to charge at home, even if I had FUSC for life I would only still use it on road trips, in fact I've only spent a little over $200 on several road trips in 9 months of ownership.

You would be surprised. People go a little nuts over the word "free". We had a guy who was sitting on our AC charger for 1-2 hours every night, sitting in the car reading a newspaper, just so he could get "free" power. Oh and because the car he was driving could only draw about 10A, he could make way more money as a Walmart greeter.

Sorry I'm not paying your electricity bills for you - he was, uh, disinvited.

So it's probably a good thing that "free" Supercharging is going away. (Although some of us have it "for life".)

You would be surprised. People go a little nuts over the word "free". We had a guy who was sitting on our AC charger for 1-2 hours every night, sitting in the car reading a newspaper, just so he could get "free" power. Oh and because the car he was driving could only draw about 10A, he could make way more money as a Walmart greeter.

Sorry I'm not paying your electricity bills for you - he was, uh, disinvited.

So it's probably a good thing that "free" Supercharging is going away. (Although some of us have it "for life".)
Didn’t you have your office chargers at that time?

He may have been doing it because he wanted the quiet time reading the newspaper. If home or office is noisy or distracting, an hour or two in the car may be just what he needs. The free charging may have just been a bonus.

-Snortybartfast

Yes, that was the charger he was abusing.
Is this a new description or has this always been there? Or since that guy was abusing the charger?
D6407DA4-AB61-41AD-BFFF-8FE8D063B3A0.jpeg

ahh you country folk from Upland are so eloquent, I'm sure the "fonpany" will get around to it at some point, in the meantime try "thoughts and prayers"

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
Oh oh. Woke up on the wrong foot? You owning a Tesla for 3 years leads me to believe you have home charging. What’s the problem? Is an hour of your time at a supercharger worth $5? Because that’s what it’ll save you if you want to supercharge instead of filling up while enjoying time with your family, sleep, or wonder about astrophysics
Astrophysics is a lie considering the FACT that we’re all living in a simulation!