Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redesigned door handle installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the price of these updated handles?
I don't have the exact figure but I'm told that each revision has been cheaper than the outgoing one. Sounds like this is no exception but I don't know the exact amount so hopefully someone comes along who does. It sounds like this may be the version we've all been waiting for as it's few moving parts/wires/sensors and inexpensive.

I just had mobile tech replace one handle with the Gen 3 version. The first one didn't fit right, the second one fits BUT BUT when the door handle goes in it doesn't sit flush like the original ones.

For those that had their's replaced with Gen 3 does it sit flush when closed? I have a different gap now (old front versus new rear)...and while I am a bit of perfectionist, just wondering if this is normal. I was told it was normal, that they didn't sit like the old ones, but I am a bit leery that is the way it is supposed to be. See attached of front (Picture 1- Original) and Picture 2 (Gen 3)
Original.jpeg
Gen 3.jpeg

I just had mobile tech replace one handle with the Gen 3 version. The first one didn't fit right, the second one fits BUT BUT when the door handle goes in it doesn't sit flush like the original ones.

For those that had their's replaced with Gen 3 does it sit flush when closed? I have a different gap now (old front versus new rear)...and while I am a bit of perfectionist, just wondering if this is normal. I was told it was normal, that they didn't sit like the old ones, but I am a bit leery that is the way it is supposed to be. See attached of front (Picture 1- Original) and Picture 2 (Gen 3)View attachment 508392 View attachment 508393
They should have adjusted it when they installed it. I had the same thing happened to me and mobile ranger came out and fixed it

For those that had their's replaced with Gen 3 does it sit flush when closed? I have a different gap now (old front versus new rear)...and while I am a bit of perfectionist, just wondering if this is normal. I was told it was normal, that they didn't sit like the old ones, but I am a bit leery that is the way it is supposed to be. See attached of front (Picture 1- Original) and Picture 2 (Gen 3)View attachment 508392 View attachment 508393

Had mine replaced by mobile when mine wouldn't retract out. Covered under warranty and a Gen 3 was installed. At first it wasn't flush with the body and pointed out to me and wouldn't stop until he got it right. He was a perfectionist

the main connector has 6 pins.
the two middle pins are to/from the hall switch/sensor.
Can somebody please confirm that they are shorted/open when the handle is in/out (it's easy to push the handle with your fingers.)

I see no change on measured signals on mine... regardless of position.

Removed the 2021 Gen 3 door handle this morning and found this washer on the magnet sensor. Removed the washer and reinstalled the handle and fuse. But still the door actuator does not release. I will keep searching. Am look for possible relevant suggestions.

This morning removed the 2021 Gen 3 door handle and found this washer against the magnet sensor. It does not belong there. I removed it and reinstalled the handle and fuse. Again the handle presents but the actuator does not release to open the door. Any relevant suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20230327_122208088.jpg
    IMG_20230327_122208088.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 29