Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redesigned frunk box and duffell bags

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is releasing new redesigned frunk boxes (next year) and duffel bags soon (this week).

Basically a side effect of some changes Tesla made. Newer Model S's frunk's are now smaller, and Frunk Mats and Frunk boxes will no longer fit. Tesla has moved the DC-DC converter to the back of the frunk (I'm assuming the move was a change due to the fires), thus making the Frunk alcove 2" shorter. Old Frunk boxes will stick out in new Model S', and Frunk mats no longer fit. (more discussion here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24387-Tesla-Frunk-mat-doesn-t-fit)

As I already knew the Frunk mats were being redesigned, I wanted to order one of the frunk boxes before they got "smaller" too. Well, unfortunately I was too late. They no longer carry any of those frunk boxes and duffel bags, and they are releasing new smaller frunk boxes and redesigned duffel bag. It is unclear why the duffel bags were redesigned. I'm unaware of any trunk dimension changes. And I don't want to order the newer frunk box if its going to be 2" short on mine.

Me:
These two items, the frunk box and duffel bag, always seem to be sold out. Do you know when you will have any more in stock? I'd like to order these.

Tesla:
We re-designed both the Trunk Rolling Duffel and the Front Trunk Organizer Box. We are expecting inventory of the duffel this week. The front trunk box is still in development and will be available next year. We will contact you as soon as they are available.

Me:
Was it re-designed because the frunk cove is now shorter in newer models? If so, I was hoping to get one of these 'older' frunk boxes since it would be bigger.

Tesla:
We were iterating the design anyway but yes the new box is slightly smaller than the first version, but it fits well in both front trunks and doesn’t look out of place in either one. We do not have any inventory of the old box left.

Oh well.

I was thinking of getting one of those frunk boxes (already have the duffel) but wouldn't want the smaller size. I wonder if they'll keep the two sizes available?

I always thought the DC to DC was in a kind of vulnerable spot just inside the wheel well. I wonder how much winter road salt gets past the liner and on to that thing?

How about this? A great fit.:wink:

Attachments

• Fruit Box.jpg
    Fruit Box.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 965
I have two dairy cases in the frunk side by each. They fit perfectly and are great for grocery bags or watermelons, and you can still play with the AMP pedal on the way home and everything stays put.The cases fit well enough that they won't move but there is still a lot of space around them for more groceries if the cases are filled up. keeps everything nice and tight.