Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduce speed of auto-park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess the answer is "no", but is it possible to reduce the speed that auto-park goes at when parallel parking? It's surprisingly, uh, "confident" on my M3, which caught me out because most people who tested it online spent their time complaining about how tentative it is. Touching the brake just pauses the whole thing.

(It does park perfectly, even in tiny spaces against a brick wall - but I'd quite like to not have to change my underwear each time I park the car).

The speed of auto-park is one of the major issues I have with it (other than it crashing my car - see Auto-park bashed our neighbour's car - should Tesla pay both repair bills?). When it unexpectedly swerved it was going so fast that (i) there wasn't enough time (0.1s) for a human to react to stop it, and (ii) it did way more damage than it should have (i.e. crumpled bodywork on two cars rather than just scratched paintwork).

Reactions: moodel_tree
Update: spent some time experimenting with this. When auto park is active the cruise control speed symbol is replaced with a "P" with the word MAX next to it, which implies that the speed might be adjustable. I've tried changing it with the scroll wheels and tapping on the P but to no effect. :-(

So the good news is that people who hated the slow speed of auto park might want to give it another try.