TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"reduced front camera visibility" TACC error

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Matias, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Matias

Matias Active Member

#1 Matias, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    I sometimes get many times in a row "reduced front camera visibility" TACC error. Eventually TACC always starts. Have others experienced this?

2. Majerus

Majerus Member

record the time this happens, and contact service. I had this happen a while back, they were able to resolve it.

3. Matias

Matias Active Member

Do you know what they did?

4. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Sometimes the sensor may have a build up of bugs or other substances blocking the radar. I would suggest giving it a quick look before contacting Service and attempting a scroll wheel reset. If that does not work then I would contact Service.

5. Majerus

Majerus Member

Corrections: Cruise Control General Diagnosis

Per toolbox case #76618, camera and radar both require calibration. Successfully calibrated both the camera and radar. Performed function test of brake light switch, switch is operating correctly. Vehicle operation is norm

6. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

I've not seen the camera error, but the radar error pops up randomly every week or so. It seems to revert to working after 10 minutes. Of note, the error has popped up three times in the same stretch of road (a long, relatively narrow HOV lane flyover) in both directions. Maybe RF interference, but it's weird.