Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced front camera visibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought used model S 75 (2017) in 09/2020 from Tesla. I drove it for a month and my commute was amazing due to autopilot. I upgraded it from AP 2.0 to AP 3.0 in October. Since then, whenever I am using autopilot, reduced front camera visibility error pops up and AP disengages. It sometimes happen so often that I stop using it. I scheduled mobile service appointment 3 times. 1st time they added a plate in the front camera which did not solve the problem. 2nd time they changed the front camera which did not work. 3rd time they told me that they have checked and everything looks ok and they did not experience the same problem. I asked the guy to check the error logs to which he said that most of them are at dawn and dusk when light is varying a lot. I told him that’s my commute time and I did not have that problem before AP3 retrofit. He has asked me to go to the service center.
Has anyone experienced similar problem?
Any insight?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

I have the same problem. I went to the service center where they diagnosed for a few days and changed the front camera. Issue continued and just ignored until the autopilot started to disengage like you describe above. Mobile service came out and replaced the front camera last week. The warnings have reduced significantly but they are still occurring. I’ll be making another service appointment as the mobile tech recommended. Definitely interested in hearing if a solution comes up for you. Do you have pics of your error message?

FF85F184-004B-4BFE-9334-BBD9B622506C.jpeg