Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced front Radar Visibility & No visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course cars without are using pure vision. Tesla would like you to believe however that radar cars are not using it at all. And we know that’s not the case. The code when using FSD on highway and rural roads is rerefencing it in some manner. It obviously disables AP all together when the radar stops working correctly. We also know that it is being used for AEB on radar cars instead of vision. Anyone that drives a radar equipped car for a short while can tell that from the lack of all the phantom breaking that radar less cars have to deal with. I have been driving FSD beta on a radar model S for quite a long while now. Follow the debate on Greens twitter feed and see the code and more evidence of this.
it seems very obvious to me radar cars are using it in some manner. How much I don’t know but definitely using it.

I agree. I only disagree that while using FSD Beta and it is using its unique portion of code for rural and city streets, this is Vision Only. I agree my car may be using Radar on some portion of the other autonomous driving, and we have proof that there is code already released that uses no radar at all on new cars that is 100% vision only. The only question remains is when will all cars use 100% Vision Only. Perhaps MCU1 cars will never be 100% vision only.