Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dec' 18 delivery here, with no autonomous features purchased at time of delivery. Tesla Portal was updated with new prices:
upload_2019-3-6_12-22-41.png

About to purchase Autopilot (for $2k + $190 in taxes), as price point is now right for me.

Support has gotten back to me, they are sticking to "Offering Early Access only" for those of us who have now pre-ordered FSD for more than it is being sold to other existing owners.

Thank you for writing this e-mail. I hope this gets reviewed by management and Tesla does the right thing. They should be aware of all the negative reactions on here, Facebook and Twitter.

I think the Tesla bug bit me first, not this time baby. I bought EAP last year and I am not going to make the mistake of upgrading to FSD. The autopark is a junk, I gave it another try today and almost hit the car next to me. Summon is mainly aimed at lazy guys. Traffic aware cruise control does not factor guys tailing at the back and causes many rear ended collisions. Auto pilot nag makes any use of this tool useless. I have a scrape caused by Summon and rear collision by TAC. Until all these features have been tested, I am not paying tesla any money for some vapor ware.

I think the Tesla bug bit me first, not this time baby. I bought EAP last year and I am not going to make the mistake of upgrading to FSD. The autopark is a junk, I gave it another try today and almost hit the car next to me. Summon is mainly aimed at lazy guys. Traffic aware cruise control does not factor guys tailing at the back and causes many rear ended collisions. Auto pilot nag makes any use of this tool useless. I have a scrape caused by Summon and rear collision by TAC. Until all these features have been tested, I am not paying tesla any money for some vapor ware.

I could not agree more, If no one buys it it will be free or dirt cheap soon which it should be. I really can't believe people see value in paying $2K for this.

I passed on FSD when I purchased my car last year as vaporware. However, pulled the trigger for 2K today as it's vaporware no longer. FSD includes upgrade to a new processor 10K faster than the current one. Tesla will be developing for the new processor not the older one. 2K is reasonable for a hardware upgrade and future proofs your car. Also, FSD now has features tied to it. Do not let sunk cost fallacy cloud your logic.

If I got my mid-range model 3 in 2018, what hardware upgrades would I get if I spend 2K for AP? Also ,does anyone know if AP will change lanes if I put in the turn signals?

There is no hardware upgrade for AP. @jdicecc was referring to the $2k to buy FSD if you already have EAP.

The new AP will not have NOA but thinking it should have lane changing with signaling (purely speculating though).

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
There is no hardware upgrade for AP. @jdicecc was referring to the $2k to buy FSD if you already have EAP.

The new AP will not have NOA but thinking it should have lane changing with signaling (purely speculating though).
Incorrect. the current AP bundle does not have lane changing with signal. That is now bundled in FSD (or EAP). Personally, I would not let that stop me from getting AP. It ain't that great. TACC and lane keeping are the most valuable features at this point.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Incorrect. the current AP bundle does not have lane changing with signal. That is now bundled in FSD (or EAP). Personally, I would not let that stop me from getting AP. It ain't that great. TACC and lane keeping are the most valuable features at this point.

New FSD doesn't actually state that (but neither does AP)...

...Full Self-Driving Capability

• Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars...
NOA is definitely FSD, however, lane changing with signaling has been around a long time (on divided highways) and is pre-NOA. Not saying it is definitely in AP but it is also not listed as an FSD feature.

But I do agree AP is definitely worth it either way.

My prices for AP and FSD also decreased to 2k and 3k respectively this morning.
I bought AP but not FSD.
FSD is still available for purchase at 3k and is now the only option.
Note says car will update some time in the next 3 days.

Not interested in buying FSD until it's actually a thing, but AP will really destress my daily commute, which is a grind. Pretty happy about this personally since I got the features I was actually interested in for a price I can live with. I don't think early adopters of EAP should complain, but anyone who prepaid FSD is not getting respected by Tesla. These are their biggest fans, and they really need to treat them better. Not to mention it's really turning off future potential early adopters who are paying attention.

My prices for AP and FSD also decreased to 2k and 3k respectively this morning.
I bought AP but not FSD.
FSD is still available for purchase at 3k and is now the only option.
Note says car will update some time in the next 3 days.

Not interested in buying FSD until it's actually a thing, but AP will really destress my daily commute, which is a grind. Pretty happy about this personally since I got the features I was actually interested in for a price I can live with. I don't think early adopters of EAP should complain, but anyone who prepaid FSD is not getting respected by Tesla. These are their biggest fans, and they really need to treat them better. Not to mention it's really turning off future potential early adopters who are paying attention.
How long will they honor the FSD price? Or is it forever?

Well, Tesla just updated their Autopilot page and it does't fill me with confidence regarding the HW3 upgrade. It now says:

"All new Tesla cars come standard with advanced hardware capable of providing Autopilot features today, and full self-driving capabilities in the future—through software updates designed to improve functionality over time".