Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news for allot of people. Some great deals for FSD and free AP, who wouldn't want that?
They want 2k more for me tough, so they can kiss my piss. I'll probably wait for a trial first, which will probably be years out anyways. We will see. I don't like the different prices for different buyers policy, I understand the kick back for recent sales, but why do I have to pay more than other people who purchased the car at the same time? Too bad there isn't someone I can talk to, to haggle down the price.

I,ve been in touch with customer support, and they let me know that fsd and autopilot post purchase prices go back to normal in April.

This of course could change

So are those that paid $8k in 2018 for EAP+FSD still SOL on the recent price cuts vs those that did not in 2018?

I have in writing from support that I'll be getting a $1000 refund (to match the lower price now offered to EAP-only buyers)- and mine is a 2018 purchase of EAP/FSD.

Reps frequently lie and contradict each other- but given it was an official response I'll be mentioning some legal words if I don't get a check and it's certainly a lot cheaper for them to shut me up then ship a lawyer out here from CA.

(that said- I think the amount should be 3k, and the 1k offer is pretty half-assed, but it's at least better than the fake early access invite offer)

I have in writing from support that I'll be getting a $1000 refund (to match the lower price now offered to EAP-only buyers)- and mine is a 2018 purchase of EAP/FSD.

Reps frequently lie and contradict each other- but given it was an official response I'll be mentioning some legal words if I don't get a check and it's certainly a lot cheaper for them to shut me up then ship a lawyer out here from CA.

(that said- I think the amount should be 3k, and the 1k offer is pretty half-assed, but it's at least better than the fake early access invite offer)
When I bought my Tesla I wrote in to opt out of the arbitration clause for this very reason. Looks like my gut feeling was correct. With a $10k price cut since I bought 4 mths ago, all while fighting startup level customer service, Tesla has already devalued my car beyond my tolerance per time period. Anything beyond that unfortunately I will be seeking compensation for.

Last edited:
Yeah I just jumped the gun and purchased both for 6600 Cdn or 5000 u.s. Still too much $$ but I'll give it to Tesla since it's a bit closer to acceptable.

I'm pretty sure everyone here got more rebate money than 2019 owners as well. This is definitely going to boost their margins They should keep AP and FSD at 2 and 3k u.s. for evryone and get rid of the price increase if you don't purchase it new. The current pricing is still too expensive.

Last edited:
So are those that paid $8k in 2018 for EAP+FSD still SOL on the recent price cuts vs those that did not in 2018?

Its bad enough my car is now $7k cheaper new then I paid in Aug 2018, plus comes with track mode and a $5k Performance package option standard (which I did take the $5k depreciation check for because my faith in the tesla customer experience drops every day - still no track mode and likely limited to 145 mph vs 165 though)

I calculate a ~$550 price delta from now to when I purchased my P3D in July. Please itemize your entire configuration to help us understand where the $7k figure comes from.

Millennials keep getting *sugar* for ruining stuff in this economy and given *sugar* around participation trophies. As a data point. I am technically a millennial, and I am ok with others now being able to enjoy this car at a more affordable price than I did. At the time I was purchasing a vehicle, I had many options. I chose Tesla, and agreed to pay them what I did. Yes, I was annoyed by the price reductions, but cars depreciate and are not investments, and price variations on new vehicles (especially popular ones) is nothing new.

I really don't want to see Tesla go under and fail at their EV mission because we all couldn't stand getting super jelly at some other people getting what they got for less money.

You have a copy of this email? I'm in the same boat 2018 FSD. But they emsilee me a copy & paste letter "sorry our prices change a lot..."

You have a copy of this email? I'm in the same boat 2018 FSD. But they emsilee me a copy & paste letter "sorry our prices change a lot..."

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Tesla.

You are going to be refunded a partial amount ($1,000). We are working diligently to get all of these processes updated this week. We will have more information soon. Thank you for your patience. I apologize for the frustration and confusion.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).

Best Regards,

Trina | Tesla Support
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support
uzmAQwfVbNckadiJmJDCyMUOFI9uqxOAiO4gkC6XhX4zsc0wDXrC9FS3qR0bnrnhISlnNORnPja9eqgxgHgbRAlPBDq51fTgpz4OXD-yn2ZN0TsqytxVGpKOWBsT4Zg13lUQClVpDS6P4GL4S1tCc61Bq-O0wg=s0-d-e1-ft

Honestly,
I love my Tesla! It's the very best car I've ever had the pleasure of driving and owning.
I am CEO of a manufacturing company and as such I am responsible for everything the company does or doesn't do right or wrong.
I understand Tesla's goals and am witnessing their development, growth and management turn over. Honestly I believe Elon is making smart decisions in bringing the costing model down as efficiencies in volume output permits doing so. This only supports the stated goal of Tesla "To further the advent of the electric car". All of us that wanted to have the first or early model vehicles had to pay more for the technology as product development and startup costing models are groucely higher than straight manufacturing and production capacity models. Tesla and us all are very blessed to have a CEO that holds true to his mission statement. It only gets better from here...