Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it only lasted for a few days because the price has changed again to $5,000.
Reservation: April 2016 Ordered: Metallic Black 3 AWD- EAP Received: 10/30/2018

Autopilot-Upgrade.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
GREAT!!!

@elonmusk
Elon Musk Retweeted sc

Anyone who purchased full self-driving will get FSD computer upgrade for free. This is the only change between Autopilot HW2.5 & HW3. Going forward “HW3” will just be called FSD Computer, which is accurate. No change to vehicle sensors or wire harness needed. This is v important.

Elon Musk added,

sc @samscho
@elonmusk there's a lot of rumors going on about the HW3 and APH3 not being a free upgrade for those who purchased FSD. Can you please elaborate if this will indeed be a free upgrade for those who have FSD? Thanks so much!
Show this thread
3:50 PM - 29 Mar 2019

GREAT!!!

@elonmusk
Elon Musk Retweeted sc

Anyone who purchased full self-driving will get FSD computer upgrade for free. This is the only change between Autopilot HW2.5 & HW3. Going forward “HW3” will just be called FSD Computer, which is accurate. No change to vehicle sensors or wire harness needed. This is v important.

Elon Musk added,

sc @samscho
@elonmusk there's a lot of rumors going on about the HW3 and APH3 not being a free upgrade for those who purchased FSD. Can you please elaborate if this will indeed be a free upgrade for those who have FSD? Thanks so much!
Show this thread
3:50 PM - 29 Mar 2019

I don't know, seems cryptic. He didn't capitalize "full self-driving," obviously, something different than the FSD I purchased.

Wrong...
how so? This is the confirmation everyone has been waiting for. No matter when you bought FSD, you get HW upgrade.
Except early adopters paid $1000 more than other people for absolutely nothing as they've enjoyed nothing from buying FSD up front, no features, no flame thrower, no hat, no thank you from Tesla, no early access Program, just a swift kick to the face and then they steal $1000 from your pocket while Elon mutters... "Suckers!".

Wrong...

Except early adopters paid $1000 more than other people for absolutely nothing as they've enjoyed nothing from buying FSD up front, no features, no flame thrower, no hat, no thank you from Tesla, no early access Program, just a swift kick to the face and then they steal $1000 from your pocket while Elon mutters... "Suckers!".

Life isn’t fair. Sometimes prices go up or down. Time to move on tho. You will get the FSD upgrade. Just try to enjoy your car.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Life isn’t fair. Sometimes prices go up or down. Time to move on tho. You will get the FSD upgrade. Just try to enjoy your car.
Except Tesla told us the price would go up, it was told to us when we purchased the car and it would cost more to get later so we gave them a free loan up front. Many people say that prices go up and down, and that's true so early adopters get to play with the toys before everyone else and we pay extra for that. That point I get, we got our awesome Model 3 before everyone else. However with FSD it's different, there has been nothing for early adopters to play with as nothing has ever been released except for one thing, a promise of the early access program which also never happened. We were told that we had to pay more later, so we bought a lie. It's so easy for Tesla to do SOMETHING, but they have done absolutely nothing for those that paid for FSD.

Reactions: ebmcs03
Except Tesla told us the price would go up, it was told to us when we purchased the car and it would cost more to get later so we gave them a free loan up front. Many people say that prices go up and down, and that's true so early adopters get to play with the toys before everyone else and we pay extra for that. That point I get, we got our awesome Model 3 before everyone else. However with FSD it's different, there has been nothing for early adopters to play with as nothing has ever been released except for one thing, a promise of the early access program which also never happened. We were told that we had to pay more later, so we bought a lie. It's so easy for Tesla to do SOMETHING, but they have done absolutely nothing for those that paid for FSD.
I'm picturing Elon in the next earnings conference call, trying to explain why they spent a couple million on flame throwers, despite posting a quarterly loss.

Wrong...

I guess I'm confused... if you bought FSD before 2/28, you're supposed to get early access program... Granted invites haven't gone out yet, but still... that was the deal.

I just noticed that "Enhanced Autopilot" and "Full Self-Driving Capability" now show in my car's online profile. I bought AP, not EAP, but close enough.

I do still need to get receipts for the purchases so I can prove the car's value should it ever be totaled. I submitted a ticket for them.

Has anyone who tried buying AP/FSD during the March discount period and had technical issues, been able to complete the purchase after the end of the discount period?

I tried to buy AP1 for my 2016 MS in March, but had issues doing so from My Account. Now that the website issue has been fixed just a few days ago, it's showing the old full price ($4000 CAD) instead of the discounted price ($2600CAD). I've been on the phone with support and have gotten many different stories.

I plan to go to a service center this week to see what they can do, but wondering if anyone else has been successful, and how they did it.