Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla took a stand against this when they elected to eliminate dealerships, and commissioned salespeople, by stating that everyone pays the same price regardless of how proficient your negotiating skills are. And while this is still basically true, it’s now appearing that they are moving prices around so quickly that they are teaching us if you don’t like the price, wait a week and it will be better. So they may be creating some unintended consequences to their so called transparent pricing model by doing this.

I'm sure Musk and team are well aware of the consequences of their actions. They weren't born yesterday. They are ALWAYS making calculated decisions that they feel are in the best interest of their corporate mission. It looks like they are pretty good at threading the needle.

The backseat drivers can take a break now. It's all under control. ;)

Can someone tell me where to find the Autopilot upgrade option on my Tesla profile? I have seen it in the past but I’m not seeing it at all anymore at all, and want to make sure I’m not blind and it really is missing.

You likely want to wait a few days for them to update their systems. With that being said:

1. Log in to your tesla account.
2. Click MANAGE next to your car
3. Scroll down to the SHOP section and click Autopilot upgrades
4. See what price (if any) is shown for auto pilot upgrades for your car.

I purchased EAP with my car last year. My account still shows 3k as the price for autopilot upgrade, when its stated by Elon that my price will be 2k. I am going to wait (likely till the beginning of next month), but my price still showing as 3k is "as expected" because they havent sorted it all out yet.

• Informative
Reactions: TEG
This just means you won't be one of the first people driving a Model Y.

Guess what, there will be millions of people eager to take your place! Everybody gets what they want! Win-Win.

I can't believe how negative people are. Cheaper is better! This is a good thing. But all the spoiled/entitled people are bitching as if someone has taken away their birthright.

The best part of all of this is the astounding amount of people who think this will have dire consequences because THEY won't be a day 1 line waiter. No one cares, ESPECIALLY not Tesla. Forums represent a vocal MINORITY of their customer base.

You likely want to wait a few days for them to update their systems. With that being said:

1. Log in to your tesla account.
2. Click MANAGE next to your car
3. Scroll down to the SHOP section and click Autopilot upgrades
4. See what price (if any) is shown for auto pilot upgrades for your car.

I purchased EAP with my car last year. My account still shows 3k as the price for autopilot upgrade, when its stated by Elon that my price will be 2k. I am going to wait (likely till the beginning of next month), but my price still showing as 3k is "as expected" because they havent sorted it all out yet.
Thank you kindly! Don’t know why I couldn’t find that on my own.

Reactions: TEG
This just means you won't be one of the first people driving a Model Y.

Guess what, there will be millions of people eager to take your place! Everybody gets what they want! Win-Win.

I can't believe how negative people are. Cheaper is better! This is a good thing. But all the spoiled/entitled people are bitching as if someone has taken away their birthright.

Millions? Even without accounting for increased competition you might want to check annual sales numbers for crossovers. Millions.... and you calling people negative. Pot meet kettle!

• Disagree
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
No, because when you're entitled, you are only entitled to good things, you are never entitled to liabilities. That's how "entitlements" work and we have entire generations of people who think they are "entitled" to everything while not having to do anything.
I hope your not including people who paid for the yet-to-be-delivered FSD but want a $1k refund. Never have I seen a company change the price of a product prior to delivery of said product and NOT provide a refund of the difference between the price paid and sale price at delivery. This is not entitlement, but an expectation of any business that gives a $hit about their reputation. EAP is water under the bridge, and I've been enjoying it for months. I don't care if the price of EAP changes. FSD is a different situation as it is not yet available.

The problem is there will be long term repercussions for Tesla for their actions.

I was a day 1 reservation holder for the 3. Had the $1000 deposit with them for two years and ordered the car the day I was invited.

I am interested in getting the Y for my wife but no longer planning on being a day 1 buyer. My plan is now to wait out Tesla until I decide they drop the prices enough times that I am happy with the price. No more need to have a reservation with them. Probably will just buy the car at first and wait until they discount AP/FSD before purchasing that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are many out there with my same perspective.
Same exact opinion here. It sure will make Tesla's job of gaging interest properly much harder without pre orders!

• Disagree
Reactions: rickjames
Right, you mentioned earlier that self made billionaires know everything and are perfect.

No, I didn't say that self-made billionaires know everything and are perfect. Why do you feel the need to lie about what I said? In any case it's hilarious to observe all the Internet "experts" who think they have more business acumen than Elon Musk. I call them back-seat drivers. Because after he's spent the last decade putting his blood, sweat and tears into the first new American maker to make it in the last, oh about 100 years, then everybody wants to get in on this good thing and tell him how to run his company. Because, now that he has cleared the most difficult hurdles, their expert advice is what he needs.

Where was all this brilliant help back when he was introducing his first Roadster? They are "Johnny come lately" back seat drivers. Brilliant in their own minds but with nothing to show for it. Which is why Elon doesn't listen to Internet "experts". He has advisors with real track records.

It's astounding to me how many pretend to know more and can't see how ridiculous it makes them look to try to second guess one of the most successful entrepreneurs of our time.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
People complaining about paying $5k for EAP and having to pay a little more for FSD. I paid $5k for EAP and $3k for FSD factory equipped. Should I be getting $3k refund for FSD too?... a lot of early owners are disappointed with tesla.

It was bad enough when they dropped the Performance price after I bought by including the performance package and holding out on track mode for those without it... at least they sent me a check for $5k although they pulled the unlimited supercharging...

Paid $64k for P3D- before options for mine. Now its $58k for the originally $69k equipping P3D+... Paid $8k for Autopilot + FSD. Now its $5k... give me a fcking brake here, I am so under water on this car now. A BMW M3 would have held its value better. Why did I stand in line 3 years ago and deal with completely incompetent service center post delivery rush? My car has been devalued like $15k since it was released in Aug.

Reactions: Perry and spurs10
I hope your not including people who paid for the yet-to-be-delivered FSD but want a $1k refund. Never have I seen a company change the price of a product prior to delivery of said product and NOT provide a refund of the difference between the price paid and sale price at delivery. This is not entitlement, but an expectation of any business that gives a $hit about their reputation. EAP is water under the bridge, and I've been enjoying it for months. I don't care if the price of EAP changes. FSD is a different situation as it is not yet available.

I'm not including them but that's not what I see most people belly-aching about.