Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Range - Tesla Issued a Service Bulletin for possible fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dual Motor was manufactured August 2018. I need to drive mine down to 10 miles of range and see if it dies. I have never went under 65 miles range before. But 293 miles range at almost 27,000 miles is not that bad.

battery2020.PNG

Last edited:
I just scheduled a service appointment for 2 Service bulletins, this one included and for my HW3 computer. I’ll report back on what they say.

@SomeJoe7777 Just got a cancellation appointment text from Tesla after making an appt on the mobile app last night.

My car is manufactured on 9/21/18 so the service bulletin does not apply. Just my luck.

Hope you have better result than me.

I guess I'll just be stuck with the reduced range. :(

Sorry to hear that. I have not had mine cancelled at this point, so we'll see.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
:mad:

P3D, 09/2018 build:

P3DBuildDate.jpg

P3DBatteryReport.png

P3DBatteryReportStats.png

SMT-P3DBattStats.png

P3DFleetComparison.png

P3DFleetComparisonStats.png

Summary: 100% charge is 277 miles (-11.6% from new). Nominal full pack capacity is 68 kWh according to the BMS (well off the correct new full pack capacity of ~ 74 kWh). My car is worse than nearly all cars in the fleet, including 4 that specifically have my charge pattern.

For comparison, here is my wife's RWD 3 Long Range, VIN 0040XX, April 2018 build:

3LRBatteryReport.png

3LRBatteryReportStats.png

SMT-3LRBattStats.png

3LRFleetComparison.png

3LRFleetComparisonStats.png

Hers is -1.1% from new, and right in the middle of the fleet stats.

Service appointment already scheduled.

Think mine is statistically worse than yours if that helps at all. I'm the worst of 20, rather than 4. About the same range as yours, but 10K less miles.

08/18 build date.

upload_2020-2-26_13-5-35.png

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Teslafi

It has a 14 day free trial
Double the free trial if you put my username (or any other referrals here - flatbat probably has a code too) ) in the how did you hear about us.

No note: It is real time collection, so will not give you anything historical. Also, it does require logging into the site and creating a token for your Tesla, which, is not without risk.

Screenshot_20200227-190241.png
Jumping on the screenshot posting bandwagon, I have a LR AWD in 8/18, and estimated max range is 288.34 at 30k miles as reported by teslamate. I don't quite have 6 months of data yet. I'm interested to see what happens when the temps warm back up but wonder if my car could be affected by this item as well.

@SomeJoe7777 Just got a cancellation appointment text from Tesla after making an appt on the mobile app last night.

My car is manufactured on 9/21/18 so the service bulletin does not apply. Just my luck.

Hope you have better result than me.

I guess I'll just be stuck with the reduced range. :(
They just canclled my appt. Mine was manufacutres on Sept 8 within Sept 10 but said it does not apply to my VIN :(

Status
Not open for further replies.