Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced Range - Tesla Issued a Service Bulletin for possible fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a service bulletin issued by Tesla on the NHTSA.gov website for 2018 Model 3 Performance, it says between Aug 24-Sept 10 2018, the Battery may have a issue that results in range loss. Mine was manufactured on Sept 8 2018. See the attached service bulletin. Again not sure if it actually means Battery Replacement, but a interest thing I came across.

Attachments

• MC-10154513-9999.pdf
    195.8 KB · Views: 512
Here is a service bulletin issued by Tesla on the NHTSA.gov website for 2018 Model 3 Performance, it says between Aug 24-Sept 10 2018, the Battery may have a issue that results in range loss. Mine was manufactured on Sept 8 2018. See the attached service bulletin. Again not sure if it actually means Battery Replacement, but a interest thing I came across.

What's your stated range at 100% charge?

So if there is a service bulletin and I fit the affected manufactured date rage, will Tesla take care of the issue>
That link is for safety recalls - not service bulletins.

I did a search for any service bulletins (8) that might apply to my model 3 and sent a service request to fix any that applied (this was one of them). I did get a mobile service appointment to replace Charge Port Pin Deadfronts - a 2 minute fix. It was the only SB that applied.

Last edited:
That link is for safety recalls - not service bulletins.
They’re not recalls, they’re manufacturer communications aka service bulletins.

52293E12-A57E-4EEE-89FA-991B31985ACD.png

• Helpful
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So if there is a service bulletin and I fit the affected manufactured date rage, will Tesla take care of the issue>

I'm not sure about Tesla but most companies will also require verification of the issue on a TSB. There are some that are just applied to any car but most require a customer complaint and a mechanic to verify it has the issue along with being in the range of affected VINs per the TSB. I would assume with the cost of a battery replacement they will want to verify the car has an issue and not just swap the battery out.

Reactions: SageBrush
You have to read the pdf for each TSB for the particulars and most likely if your VIN is also affected in Tesla’s database. Looks like they will repair within warranty most things listed in the TSB’s but there are also some things they won’t. They’re very informative and indicate what’s covered and what’s not.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
If I’m reading right - It does not say all vehicles built between these dates are affected.

It does not say all vehicles, but it also doesn't say it's not all vehicles

It simply says

"Affected VIN(s) Affected Model 3 vehicles built between approximately August 24, 2018 and September 10, 2018."

Then it says
"NOTE: This is a simplified summary of the affected VIN list. Refer to the VIN/Bulletin Tracker or Customer/Vehicle profile to determine applicability of this bulletin for a particular vehicle."

Mine might have been made between those dates. I don't believe I have reduced range greater than that of anyone else who has a P3D with 20inch tires who drives it like a P3D.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Here is a service bulletin issued by Tesla on the NHTSA.gov website for 2018 Model 3 Performance,
it says between Aug 24-Sept 10 2018, the Battery may have a issue that results in range loss.
Mine was manufactured on Sept 8 2018. See the attached service bulletin.
Again not sure if it actually means Battery Replacement, but a interest thing I came across.
Is there any battery difference between a LR and a Performance?

Note: The VIN don't have any special indication for the battery type or size.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J
Status
Not open for further replies.