TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reduced Rated Range with 17.24.28

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by bob_p, Jun 20, 2017.

1. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Our new S 100D received the 17.24.28 update. The release notes indicate the software may report a different (lower?) rated range, improving accuracy of the reported measurement.

Just completed my first 90% charge on S 100D. Before the update, the 90% charge level was typically 307-309 miles after charging.

This time, the 90% charge is showing 301 miles of rated range. This is about 2% reduction in the rated range reported - and would likely reduce the 100% rated range from 344 to 334, about a 10 mile reduction - and produces a number close to the 335 miles of rated range published on the Tesla website.

• Informative x 2
  2. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

I forgot where it was mentioned but they adjusted the rated range algorithm with this update to be more accurate.

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Are you in the US?

I believe @verygreen said that the Taiwan (?) release notes mentioned this.

4. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

It's actually shown everywhere but North America and Korea, since 17.22.46.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

The range calculation difference was noted in the release notes - I'm in Texas. I believe I was previously running 17.17.4.

• Informative x 1
  6. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I did notice my 90% on 70D is now 209. It's used to be 212

7. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

My March 2015 S 85D used to show 208 rated miles on 80% charge. After .28, it shows 212 rated miles on an 80% charge.

8. DJ 240V

DJ 240V Member

Same here . I send 3 emails asking Tesla for clarification and no response!