Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced service center hours effective Sept 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I was at Burlingame Service today and noticed a sign stating no more weekend hours as of Sept 1.

So I went and looked up Santa Clara, Fremont, and several others and they all show the same.

Have all your local service centers dropped weekend coverage?

This seems like a fantastic idea for a company drowning with "service hell" that has backed up service centers that cant staff themselves enough for basic customer service items, such as phone coverage.

Curious how I’ll pickup my second set of wheels (whenever they show up) if that’s true. The service center is 150 miles away from me, I’m not going to skip a day of work to drive up there during the week. I’m willing to pay ~$100 surcharge or something for a mobile ranger to bring them to me, but I was told I wouldn’t need to pay anything extra and then also “but who knows when they can bring them to you, depends if there is room in the van or not.” So must get wheels within 7 days of hitting the service center, can’t schedule bringing them to me (even at a premium), and now possibly can’t get them on the weekends?

Curious how I’ll pickup my second set of wheels (whenever they show up) if that’s true. The service center is 150 miles away from me, I’m not going to skip a day of work to drive up there during the week. I’m willing to pay ~$100 surcharge or something for a mobile ranger to bring them to me, but I was told I wouldn’t need to pay anything extra and then also “but who knows when they can bring them to you, depends if there is room in the van or not.” So must get wheels within 7 days of hitting the service center, can’t schedule bringing them to me (even at a premium), and now possibly can’t get them on the weekends?

Service != sales

Sorry, read your post too fast. Thought second set of “wheels” meant a second Tesla.

Ooooh. I wish ;)

I got a second set of aero wheels/TPMS/aero caps that I’m going to make my winter set. Then I get to swap them when I want (usually a Sunday afternoon when tire shops aren’t open) and only risk the wheels being scratched once every four + years when they need new rubber. Gave up looking for a used set here because after shipping prices were getting dang close to direct via Tesla.

Reactions: PoitNarf
I took a quick peek at California SCs on the Tesla website and it looks like in the Bay Area, the only one open on the weekend is Dublin. In Socal there appeared to be several open on Saturday, including Agoura Hills and Van Nuys, but I didn't check every single one.