Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced supercharge speed on 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone seen what the reduced supercharger speed on the 75 is once you have DC charged too much?

I know the 90's go from 115 kw to 96 kw. Does that mean the 75's go to about 80 kw?

This is something I really wish Tesla was more transparent about. Frankly it should probably be available in the screen like the odometer.

And if supercharging at the lower speed is better for the battery, it'd be nice if they gave you the option to do that when you're not in as much of a hurry in order to preserve your ability to charge super fast when you need it. (similar to setting your daily charge limit)

Last edited:
Never been an issue that anyone has seen on a 75. I see on your signature that you have a 60 though, so why the interest in the 75? By the way my 60 was still getting peak supercharger rate of 90kW after 5 years, but peak rate isn’t very relevant to 60 or 75 batteries as the taper starts so soon. Even if the peak rate was reduced by a few kW you wouldn’t notice a difference in charging time.

I have a software limited 60 which has the 75 pack but a software limit on the max state of charge, but i do charge like a 75.

From what I've seen it only adds a few minutes of charging but it'd still be nice to know when that's going to happen.

My 75 was charging at 96 Kw until well past 50% yesterday. Was over 50 til well past 80%. That is faster than it ever has in 2 years. I had tried another unit first and it wouldn’t charge at all on it. I suspect most problems are charger related.

My 75 will hit 50k miles today with a decent amount of supercharging. My peak is still right where it was when new, 95-96kw. It does appear to taper off a bit more rapidly than it used to, but given the widely reported incidence of this across all models and packs I think it’s more to do with fleet-wide firmware changes than any degradation particular to my car.

From what I've heard you have to accumulate 100's of supercharger stops for this to kick in, but it is there.

Back of the envelope I'd guess Bjorn as about 40k miles (equivalent) of use @ 75% supecharging use that means 30k miles total supercharging. so let's say 200 rated miles per suparcharging session and it comes out to about 150 visits. He's a pretty heavy user though so perhaps he's triggering it earlier for some reason.

Now for me probably only do about 30% of my mileage on the supercharger so that'd mean I wouldn't get nerfed until around 90-100k I guess but it'd be nice to be able to see this.