Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

reduction or cashback on insurence-covid 19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
according to the latest money expert email Latest weekly email: Martin's coronavirus update - 14 NEW need-to-knows
there have been things put in place to get either cash back or a reduction in your car insurance(and other insurance). basically, if you have insurance quoted at 10k mile and now you are doing 6k because of COVID 19 we are entitled to less insurance and we shouldn't/don't have to by law pay admin fees for the reduction. I tried mine on direct lien and I'm just waiting for the results. iv gone from 10k miles to 14 miles average a week(food shop etc). that's a massive reduction in miles over the last 2 months I was doing twice that a day. so I'm expecting a big reduction on my 1.3k insurance!

I’ve just been refunded £40 by DirectLine. Got an email with a link to note mileage reduction and they followed up by phone.
They’re not reducing the mileage on the policy but just noting fewer miles driven for last two months. Not a huge amount but better in my bank account than theirs I suppose.

got an email from churchill mentioning if mileage is less they will offer a refund without admin fee. I presume it will be less than £50 and barely a token gesture. I have not driven my tesla since march

I don’t understand why there seems to be expectation the reduced mileage rebate should be anything other than modest.

If you’ve ever increased your anticipated mileage (as I and many owners have) the additional premium charges is equally modest.

if you want to test the theory just do a new business quote and then a second one with more/less miles.

Added 10,000 to a quote to make it 20,000. Extra £200.

Refund for last 4 weeks of my LV policy. £7.

Don’t you just love insurance - I was with LV when I first bought my Tesla and the advice from ‘old timers’ then was ring your Insurer and double your mileage as the car’s that good to drive. I did ring them and 10k to 15k was an extra £15 o_O.

it was good advice too and I really feel for all the new owners who’ve waited so patiently, only to now have the car largely sitting there doing nothing :(