Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redwood Motorsports: FUCA & RCA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has the rear control arms, been on less than a week - Redwood installed it I didn't do anything myself. I believe they said toe/camber was a problem when lowering in the rear, but not the front. Front I just stuck to stock since I wasn't trying to add more negative camber in the front. (stock -1.x fine, not tracking).

RW original design was similar to UP original design but I'm sure both companies realized that there's clearance issues under compression with the chassis if the FUCA is designed in a single plane without notches or bends where needed. The factory FUCA has a curve to it as is replicated in the MPP arm. As a result of this they went back to the drawing board and modified the actual shape of the arm to provide added clearance to the chassis under compression. In addition to this they have implemented a ball joint/spherical that has a higher degree of articulation. They observed that under compression there was not enough articulation for a conventional ball joint so it would max out before the suspension fully compressed and potentially fail. I appreciate the fact that Redwood has pulled back from their original design and has been very careful to make sure the final product is 100%. This new design has not been published in the public domain. I do not work for RW but our offices are next door to each other so I'm privy to a lot of things that happen bts. I am careful not to say too much out of respect of their business but I believe these details are ok to express. They have experienced serious delays from their machinist. Even I've been waiting for FUCA's from them for a long long time. I considered 2020 a wash so I'm just getting everything in order to begin campaigning the car in early 2021. I hope this info helps some of you. If you have any questions and can't get a hold of them I don't mind assisting. Just DM me, within reason. I'll help where I can but don't want to act as their customer service agent or I'll be asking for tons of free parts. lol!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Mash