Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Redwood Motorsports Model Y - Ohlins DFV (Performance and Grand Touring Specs) - RE-STOCKED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to purchase the redwood sport performance although I am a bit anxious about it since there isn’t much info from Y owners who have this specific setup. Redwood ensures me handling will be significantly improved along with improved ride quality. I’m justifying purchase by considering how much $$$ I’d lose moving to a X or IX. I suppose I am cautiously optimistic. Will report back after install….
I'm in NYC and running RM Performance Sport coils on my 22 MYP. The handling is definitely improved. The ride is OK, I'm not going to tell you it rides like my pervious car which was a '16 750i M-Sport but it's better than stock. I went with the performance sport as opposed to the GT because I knew I would be lowering the car (picture below of current ride height on 20" wheels). I think I'm currently running 20 clicks from full stiff in the front and 24 clicks from full stiff in the rear. I hope that helps.

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: hyp36rmax and tm1v2
The BMWs are awesome! When we bought in DEC, the MY seemed like the best bet. Like Teslas, the BMW’s weren’t being discounted then, and it seemed to make the most sense to get the Y. Due to the price cuts, I feel like I’m stuck with it, hence the suspension shopping..

The IX price cuts are insane right now.. like $30k + off for low mileage M60.. if I was shopping for car now, I would probably get IX..

I'm in NYC and running RM Performance Sport coils on my 22 MYP. The handling is definitely improved. The ride is OK, I'm not going to tell you it rides like my pervious car which was a '16 750i M-Sport but it's better than stock. I went with the performance sport as opposed to the GT because I knew I would be lowering the car (picture below of current ride height on 20" wheels). I think I'm currently running 20 clicks from full stiff in the front and 24 clicks from full stiff in the rear. I hope that helps.

View attachment 992016

View attachment 992017
Very helpful, thank you. Happy to see handling much improved and ride is improved from stock.. And your car looks awesome with great vanity plate!

• Love
Reactions: Kwame
THIS JUST IN!

For those interested in NOT lowering your Model 3/Y, we now have DAMPER ONLY versions of our FPX and Redwood-Ohlins Long-Stroke kits! These include front spring adapters, instead of front and rear replacement springs, in order to reuse your factory springs in conjunction with the benefits of our custom Redwood-Ohlins and Redwood-FPX adjustable Grand Touring (GT) dampers - for a more affordable price, and more affordable install as it takes less labor to install and setup (no front spring height adjustment, and no removal of the rear spring). Since these use the same components from our FPX and Ohlins Long-Stroke kits, they can also be *upgraded* to full coilovers at a later date!

In addition, all kits (including full coilover kits) come with our *new and improved* one piece FULLY FORGED lower forks - stronger, and lighter than our previous version!

2023BF_v1%20cyber-ext-TES1.jpg

Hey guys! We're sorry!​

We realize that most of the products you're after at Redwood Motorsports requires some input from us. After all, coilover suspension kits, brakes, etc. are important purchases - and important parts of your build, and you've got questions for us to answer before placing your order.

We've gotten so many emails and orders over the past week (literally hundreds of orders and countless emails) that we just haven't been able to get back to everyone. We're doing our absolute best to reply to everyone ASAP, but just to make sure no one misses out we're extending the coupon code until December 3rd at 12 Midnight PST.

Please CONTACT US immediately if you have any last minute questions and we'll do our best to get back to you. [email protected]

Use code "BLACKFRIDAY23" all any of our stores!

Happy holidays, and thank you all so much for your continued support!

www.RedwoodMotorsports.com