Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reference/Tweet/Letter request.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD has several meanings. Which one are you asking about?
  1. FSD Autopilot software bundle (upgrade to Standard Autopilot or EAP) - available for purchase now
  2. FSD computer - shipping now, upgrades are in progress
  3. Current FSD Autopilot features (Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon) - available now
  4. Future FSD Autopilot features (traffic lights and stop signs recognition and Automatic driving on city streets) - coming "later this year" according to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability
  5. Feature-complete FSD: "I do -- while it's going to be tight, it still does appear that we will be at least in limited -- in early access release of a feature-complete Full Self-Driving feature this year. So, it's not for sure, but it appears to be on track for at least an early access release of a fully functional Full Self-Driving by the end of this year." Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Q3 2019 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool
"Yeah, feature-complete, I mean, it's -- the car is able to drive from one's house to work, most likely without interventions. So it will still be supervised, but it will be able to drive -- it will fill in the gap from low-speed autonomy -- low speed autonomy with Summon. You've got high-speed autonomy on the highway, and intermediate speed autonomy, which really just means traffic lights and stop signs."

"So feature-complete means it's most likely able to do that without intervention, without human intervention, but it would still be supervised. And I've gone through this timeline before several times, but it is often misconstrued that there's three major levels to autonomy. There's the car being able to be autonomous, but requiring supervision and intervention at times. That's feature complete. Then there's -- and it doesn't mean like every scenario, everywhere on earth, including ever corner case, it just means most of the time."

"And then, there's another level which is that we think it's -- that from a Tesla standpoint, we think the car is safe enough to be driven without supervision. Then the third level would be that regulators are also convinced that the car can be driven autonomously without supervision. Those are three different levels."

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Q3 2019 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

Last edited:
Reactions: emmz0r
FSD has several meanings. Which one are you asking about?
  1. FSD Autopilot software bundle - available for purchase now
  2. FSD computer - shipping now, upgrades are in progress
  3. Current FSD Autopilot features (Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon) - available now
  4. Future FSD Autopilot features (traffic lights and stop signs recognition and Automatic driving on city streets) - coming "later this year" according to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability
  5. Feature-complete FSD: "I do -- while it's going to be tight, it still does appear that we will be at least in limited -- in early access release of a feature-complete Full Self-Driving feature this year. So, it's not for sure, but it appears to be on track for at least an early access release of a fully functional Full Self-Driving by the end of this year." Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Q3 2019 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool
"Yeah, feature-complete, I mean, it's -- the car is able to drive from one's house to work, most likely without interventions. So it will still be supervised, but it will be able to drive -- it will fill in the gap from low-speed autonomy -- low speed autonomy with Summon. You've got high-speed autonomy on the highway, and intermediate speed autonomy, which really just means traffic lights and stop signs."

"So feature-complete means it's most likely able to do that without intervention, without human intervention, but it would still be supervised. And I've gone through this timeline before several times, but it is often misconstrued that there's three major levels to autonomy. There's the car being able to be autonomous, but requiring supervision and intervention at times. That's feature complete. Then there's -- and it doesn't mean like every scenario, everywhere on earth, including ever corner case, it just means most of the time."

"And then, there's another level which is that we think it's -- that from a Tesla standpoint, we think the car is safe enough to be driven without supervision. Then the third level would be that regulators are also convinced that the car can be driven autonomously without supervision. Those are three different levels."

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Q3 2019 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool
Thank you, just what I was looking for.