Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral 21" Arachnid Wheels Transferability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
I'm now getting emails from Tesla asking me to choose a service center where I would like to have my silver 21 inch Arachnid wheels/tires
Has anybody had any experience transferring this reward to a buyer in order to allow them to select the service center where they want them installed? Avoiding shipping costs etc. and making them a lot easier to sell.
Also if anyone has any interest in purchasing these, please contact me.
I am in the Southwest Washington/Portland, OR area
Because I make the trek from the North West to Southern California each year over the mountain pass which does require me to carry chains I am very reluctant to install these tires.
I bought the high priced chains that fit my stock wheels from the Tesla service center.
As far as I understand there's no way to put chains on the larger wheels. Very likely want to sell these. I have not yet selected a service center for installation.
I have a service center appointment on Monday in Portland and thought I would ask there as well.
installed.
IMG_7080.PNG

IMG_7079.PNG

sometimes i wish people wouldn't use referrals if they have no intention of taking the prize to give the rest of us who want the prizes a chance at sharing our codes haha.

You could always swap out your tires as needed. 21 arachnids are rare and not available for sale anywhere so its a nice way to keep make your car unique.
Yes,
I'm a bit conflicted. I know they would be a great upgrade aesthetically. It's functionality, range, tire wear & chains ... I have misgivings about. I'm very tempted to keep l them and swap out as needed.
Not sure it's practical. Plus storage issues...

It can be done and it's ok with Tesla. I bought a set of Arachnids from a referral winner ($4,000 for the set). They were delivered to my service center but I didn't have them installed. Just took them away in the boxes, had the tires removed, and shipped out for powder coating in black chrome. Should have them back and on my car by the end of this week. Will post photos when it happens.

I'm now getting emails from Tesla asking me to choose a service center where I would like to have my silver 21 inch Arachnid wheels/tires
Has anybody had any experience transferring this reward to a buyer in order to allow them to select the service center where they want them installed? Avoiding shipping costs etc. and making them a lot easier to sell.
Because I make the trek from the North West to Southern California each year over the mountain pass which does require me to carry chains I am very reluctant to install these tires.
I bought the high priced chains that fit my stock wheels from the Tesla service center.
As far as I understand there's no way to put chains on the larger wheels. Very likely want to sell these. I have not yet selected a service center for installation.
I have a service center appointment on Monday in Portland and thought I would ask there as well.
installed.
View attachment 248043

View attachment 248042

Was this part of the current referral promotion?
We actually get wheels AND tires? Wasn't sure as the referral details only said wheels this time!

installed.
View attachment 248043

View attachment 248042
OK ,
I have tentatively decided to keep these puppies.
I have designated the Portland Oregon service center for installation. Not sure how long before they would actually arrive there?
The timing is really bad as winter is looming.
So if I put them on I’d have to take them off pretty soon and put the 19s back on for winter driving.
Service center said that it’s about a half hour of labor (roughly $65) to swap the tires out. That seems very reasonable. I’m trying to decide if I should just bring them home new in the box and wait till next summer to have them installed for the first time or have them installed/balanced and keep them on for a month or so before heading to California. Any advice here would be appreciated. I’m still open to the idea of selling them if I got an offer I couldn’t refuse from someone in the Portland area. Keeping that wouldn’t be the worst thing they do seem pretty awesome. If anybody out there already had had these installed, please provide feedback on how it might change the ride of my 2017 model S 90D. Additional road noise? Etc.
I’ve made a home in my garage for whichever set happens to be off at any given time. Also purchased a Tesla Tire Totes and some Michelin tire felts to protect the Rims.

E606A7C2-13F8-48BC-B7E4-61B43A5FB6E3.jpeg

98E11887-F7BB-4007-81C7-7B9B53D6504D.jpeg

099727CB-AE32-4D48-A954-2726D1802DE4.jpeg

It can be done and it's ok with Tesla. I bought a set of Arachnids from a referral winner ($4,000 for the set). They were delivered to my service center but I didn't have them installed. Just took them away in the boxes, had the tires removed, and shipped out for powder coating in black chrome. Should have them back and on my car by the end of this week. Will post photos when it happens.
I’m ordering my car soon and have someone willing to transfer their Arachnids at a decent price. Wondering if Tesla can time the installation to coincide with delivery of the car?

You definitey can. Speak with you DS and they should be able to help. I am doing that with mine this upcoming Sat.
No big deal. The service center told me they only charge a half hour (aprox. $65) anytime I need to swap.
I would recommend you utilize their mobile service if available. They offered me that option and I accepted, except I did not have them install them. Just delivered to my home. Winter in the Northwest. I’ll wait until summer to install them. They said they could come back when I am ready.
Advantage is you won’t have to haul 4 heavy wheels/tires in your new Tesla.

Reactions: DIL